Ch47 What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Slav scratches his head sluggishly. "What happened?"

Shiro shivers. "I don't wonna talk about it..."

"You accidentally stumbled across some residue of artificial love but I fixed you up, don't worry." Pidge says.

Slav turns on Shiro angrilly. "I bet this is because you didn't use the second urinal to the right! You didn't use it as I advised, did you?"

"Don't blame this on me!" Shiro counters sensitively. "What are you even doing here?"

"I came to congratulate the happy couple of course," Slav says happily. "And also to get more of those scrumptious pancakes!"

"Actually, I haven't made pancakes this morning." Hunk replies.

Slav bows his head looking deeply disappointed and mutters, "Curse my imperfect probabilities..."

"How did you know that we're-- Ah, who am I kidding, you know everything." Lance says.

"As soon as I saw that pretty proposal pendant of yours I knew that there was a 100% chance of you and Keith becoming lovers!" Slav replies.

"I wasn't proposing!" Keith yaps.

"Although, this is also the reality that leads up to that outcome through the most excruciatingly painful journey..." Slav continues. "But let me tell you something; a certain probability of 100% is ironically almost impossible itself."

Lance raises a brow quizzically. "Huh?"

"Through all of your fights and fallouts, mistakes and battles-- all of your experiences, even the excruciatingly painful ones-- you have learnt new things and grown as people. After everything you have been through together, your bond has become impenetrable." Slav elaborates. "I believe that it is because of how tough your struggle to find love in this reality is that you have a secure future together."

Keith's eyes widen, a pink blush rising to his cheeks. "A-Are you saying that I'm...I'm Lance's soulmate?"

Lance blushes. He looks away and smiles bashfully as he nudges Keith. "Course you are, mullet."

Everyone else murmers in agreement.

"I guessed so."

"It's pretty obvious."

"Yeah, I thought we established that already?"

Keith's face lights up with pure joy. "I-I really am?" He smiles broadly and snatches up Lance in his arms. "I really am! I'm your soulmate!"

Lance laughs as Keith twirls him around. "Yeahehehah! Yeah, you are! You're my soulmate Keith Kogane; I love you more than anything in this entire universe."

Keith finally puts Lance down so that he can kiss him. "I'm certain that you're my soulmate too because I love you more than anything in this universe and every other universe in every other reality."

Slav strokes his chin. "Hm, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth."

Coran and Allura exchange nervous glances. Allura heaves a sigh and steps forward to speak.

"Lance, Keith, about the next planet we are visiting...They are extremely wealthy so their resources are crucial to our cause. We must make sure they will be on our side at all costs. So I'm sorry but...I must ask you to not be so intimate whilst we are there."

Keith's expression immediately shifts to a stone cold glare. "What?"

"The thing is, love between two people of the same gender is unheard-of on this planet. Even so, we wouldn't be asking this of you if it weren't for the fact that the inhabitants are strictly uptight and proper. Tradition and order is highly valued there so even if your love isn't wrong, it is still different and strange to them." Coran explains. "We do not want to make them uncomfortable. We have to ensure that they favor us greatly."