Ch44 Another Shopping Trip

Keith almost drowns himself in the shower trying to wash his filthy mind. He thought he had freshened up enough to start the day but as soon as he walks into the control room he begins sweating nervously.

"Are you excited to have the best night of your life?" Hunk asks.

"W-What?" Keith chokes.

"We're about to get our new beds," Hunk clarifies. "Tonight is going to be the best sleep we've ever had!"

"Oh, right..." Keith clears his throat.

Lance looks at Keith with a smug smirk. It is a look that has Keith too embarrassed to even look him in the eye, causing them to go their separate ways in the space mall. Not that Lance really minds. He is lost deep in thought as he strolls through the mall, giggling giddily with every new idea of what Keith's dream might have looked like. Lance stops in front of an alien store selling items from Earth, an idea sparking in his mind.

"They couldn't...could they?" He ponders to himself.

"Hey Hey, what can I help you with man?" The shop owner says as Lance steps inside.

Lance opens his mouth but the words seem caught in his throat. Why is this so embarrassing to bring up? It's the store workers job to help him so it shouldn't be that hard to purchase one simple item. It's a normal thing to need to do a normal thing that everybody does...But Lance's skin grows hotter the longer he dwells on it.

"I...I-I need, uh, I want...Y-You see," He stammers. "I want to-with someone-A-And I need, ya know-"

Lance cringes in embarrassment. Would this alien even have any idea what he is talking about if he asks for a condom?

"Yes?" The alien prompts encouragingly.

Lance's eyes flicker with hope as he thinks of something. "A party! I'm having a party and I need balloons. S-So, you wouldn't happen to have any, er....stretchy, plastic material?"

"I have everything!" The alien declares proudly. "Fun stuff is in this isle."

Lance follows the shop owner into one of the isles, his eyes scanning the shelves wildly.

"Colourful stretchy plastic things for parties," The alien says as he picks up a packet of actual balloons. "Here you are!"

Lance scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Ehh, nah I want some-ah transparent ones. I'm thinking of filling them with fun stuff like glitter, yeah."

"Oh gotcha," The alien says. "Well, I don't have any transparent balloons but I do have these condoms. They are actually used for protection in sexual intercourse, but I suppose you could fill 'em with air. They're in the next isle over."

With that, the alien heads back to the counter.

"He knew what they were from the start..." Lance grumbles embarrassedly.

Lance takes a deep breath and straightens his stance, putting on his bravest, manliest of faces as he struts up to the shelf of condoms. His hand moves back and forth between brands and sizes before finally picking out the one he deemed most suited. Lance nods at the single box and turns to the counter but after one step he immediately swivels back around. He grabs the bottom hem of his shirt, holds it out and sweeps the entire shelf of condoms with his other hand, boxes pouring into his makeshift pouch. Lance holds his sack of condoms securely as he waddles over to the counter.

"Just this should be enough." Lance says as he pours all the boxes out of his shirt and onto the counter.

The alien raises its brows.