Ch11 Sleep talk

Dw you will learn what Lance says...
.

It has been two days since Lance got sick, Voltron is already travelling to the next planet and Shiro has officially banned Keith from being Lance's caretaker because he gets far too crazy. That doesn't stop Keith from sneaking in to visit Lance though.

As soon as Keith wakes up he creeps into Lance's room to check on him. Lance is sprawled in his bed, fast asleep with his mouth open. Keith chuckles and stares down at him fondly. He picks up the blanket that Lance had kicked off in his sleep and tucks him back in. Keith sits down on the bed next to Lance, unable to tear his eyes away from the sleeping beauty. He smiles to himself and gently brushes the hair from Lance's face.

"Mi cabra...He sido robado." Lance breathes.

"What?" Keith replies.

"él robó mi corazón," Lance murmurs. "el chico bonito me robó el corazón."

Keith chuckles softly.

Lance stirs in his sleep. "Ladrón de amor..." His eyebrows furrow as he squints at Keith. "Ladrón!" Lance slurs sleepily before passing out again.

"Lance...you're sleep talking." Keith says, placing a hand on Lance's shoulder.

Lance groans tiredly as his eyelids flutter open. He stretches his arms and peers at Keith.

"¿Qué? Oh, Keith..." Lance mutters. "What are you doing here?" Lance's mouth twists into a smirk. "Were you watching me sleep?"

"No!" Keith denies embarrassedly. "I was just checking on you. Sue me for caring!"

"It's okay. I know you come in here sometimes when I'm resting." Lance says, smiling to himself. "Sometimes I wake up with dreams mixed in with memories and I can't tell if you were really there."

Keith's cheeks flush red. "W-Well, the others think my behaviour stresses you out so I have to sneak in to see you."

"That's sweet." Lance reaches his hand out sluggishly and pats Keith.

"O-Oh...thanks?" Keith says awkwardly.

Lance giggles lightheadedly. "Ladrón lindo! Robando mi corazón..."

"Lance, you're talking gibberish." Keith says. "I think you need some more rest."

Keith gets up off the bed and turns to leave but Lance grabs his sleeve.

"No vayas, ladrón." Lance whines drowsily.

"Lance I don't understand Spanish." Keith strokes Lance's head comfortingly. "How about I go get you a nice cup of hot chocolate? I promise I won't be long."

"Kay." Lance slowly lets go of Keith and snuggles back into his pillow.

When Keith returns with the hot chocolate, Lance has finally woken up and is sitting up on his bed.

"Morning," Lance says with a yawn. "Were you in here earlier?"

"Er, yes." Keith replies. He sits down next to Lance and gives him the hot chocolate.

"Oo, thanks!" Lance happily accepts the drink and takes a long sip. "Mmmmm...."

"You were sleep talking." Keith says. "In Spanish, I think."

"Yeah, Hunk says I do that. I guess my brain just takes a while to warm up in the morning." Lance replies. "I think I was dreaming about my goat that got stolen."

"You did say something like robo..." Keith says unsurely, straining to remember.

Lance nods along. "Robó. Means stole."

"Cor..corazon?" Keith continues. "You said that a few times."

Lance doesn't reply, as he was a little confused how this word fit into place. He just lifts up his cup to take another swig of hot chocolate.

"Robo mi corazon...Oh! You kept calling me ladron." Keith says. "Ladron lindo!"

Lance chokes. Keith panics and pats his back as he starts coughing violently.

"Lance, are you okay?"

Lance nods and clears his throat. "I-I'm fine..." He wheezes. "Your Spanish is just terrible."

"What does ladron mean?" Keith questions.

"No idea," Lance lies. "Makes no sense."

He turns away and sips from his cup.

Keith frowns. "I bet it was an insult."

Lance's cheeks blush red. "Dreams never make sense. It doesn't matter what language it's in, sleep talk is just gibberish. Plus I was sick and delusional..." He says, averting his eyes.

"Lance, I heard you choking. You good?" Comes Pidge's voice.

Pidge had given Lance a communicator that somewhat resembled a walkie-talkie. He didn't like the idea much, he calls it the baby monitor. But it is useful when he needs something.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." Lance says before switching the communicator onto mute so that Pidge cannot hear his end. "Hunk takes care of me and Pidge checks up on my health but their company isn't the same...I get lonely."

A pink tinge rises to Keith's cheeks. "I-I wish I could visit you, but I've been training with Shiro nonstop these past two days."

Lance's head snaps up.

"He's working me hard, trying to distract me from worrying about you." Keith says. "Speaking of which, he's probably waiting for me."

Keith takes Lance's empty cup and gets up to leave.

"Wait, you're going?" Lance says sadly.

"Yeah, I have to." Keith replies.

"W-Well I want to come too!" Lance says, throwing his blankets off.

"No, Lance." Keith replies. "You're sick. You need to rest."

"It was a slight fever, I'm better now." Lance begs.

Keith smiles. "Please, rest. I want you to get well soon."

Lance hangs his head. "Okay..."

Keith exits, the swish of the door leaving the room silence. Lance sighs and flops back down into his pillow with a heavy heart.