Ch48 Together

King Greez has already agreed to joining the coalition thanks to his daughter's passion for her universe. Coran, Allura and Shiro are currently exchanging information with him privately whilst the kids are feasting for breakfast. Distrusting their power to keep their hands to themselves, Lance and Keith have sat on opposite sides of the table, Hunk is next to Lance and Pidge next to Keith, and princess Obzez has ever so graciously chosen to sit at the head of the table instead of beside anyone in order to prevent any fighting.

Keith slowly bites down on his fork, his eyes glued to Lance. He hasn't even realised that he completely missed his food with his fook and is currently chewing on nothing but metal. It doesn't really matter anyway; what he craves is not food. Keith is hungry for Lance. But he can't touch him, kiss him or hold him, he can't even talk to him for too long. All he can do is stare. It's just like when they were attending the Galaxy Garrison, only this time they both know exactly what they are missing and it is agonising.

When Lance catches Keith looking at him, he smirks and leans forward to rest his head in his hand. Keith begins to blush as Lance sits there silently gazing back at him.

"Is this the staring contest that peasants do to pass time?" Obzez says. "Is it any fun? I want to join. Look at me!"

Keith clears his throat. "No, Lance has food on face and it's bothering me. That's all."

"There's no food on Keith's face but it still bothers me all the same." Lance says.

He then leans forward to grab some food and the pendant dangling from his neck catpures Obzez's attention.

"I have no jewl like that!" She says in an almost appalled manner. "It must be extremely rare. How much is it worth?"

Lance clasps his pendant protectively. "I dunno but it's priceless to me."

Princess Obzez scoffs. "Nothing is priceless for me. Name your price and I shall prove it!"

Lance heaves an impatient sigh. "What I mean is that I would never want to sell it, trade it or give it away no matter what because it's my most precious possession. Don't you know what sentiment is?"

"That can surely be replaced," Obzez says. "On the contrary, I have never seen anything like that jewl before and I want it."

"There are thousands like it on the planet Diligitis, it's practically made out of crystals. Go buy one there." Keith replies.

"Denying her will only make her want it more..." Pidge tisks quietly.

Obzez pouts her lips bats her eyelashes at Keith. "Would you go buy one for me?"

"Absolutely not." Lance says firmly.

Obzez tilts her head. "...You could buy me one too if you wish?"

"That's not--" Lance drops his cutlery and burries his face in his hands. "My head hurts...I want to go home."

Hunk peers at Obzez curiously as he sits back and munches on some bread. "Princess, have you ever been in love?"

"Have you ever felt anything?" Pidge mumbles under her breath.

Obzez flicks her hair aside. "I fall in love with myself every day, though it is hard to find a man of my calibre so if you are asking if I have ever been in love with someone else then the answer is no, I have found no need."

"But, princess..." Hunk taps his fingers together with an awkward smile. "You see, love isn't about comparing calibre or reasoning. It just happens, sometimes extremely inconveniently but still you want it to keep happening because it feels nice. And when you truly love someone, you don't care if they match up to you. Like what Lance said about never wanting to give his pendant away; even though it might not be worth much to others it feels as though it is priceless to him. I know that a lot of people are interested in you but haven't you ever been interested in any of them? Have you ever tried?"