Ch40 Balance

I'm sorry about the slow updates but if it makes you feel any better, I'm drowning in schoolwork and actually failed a subject for the first time in my life. I don't mean to fish for attention, I'm totally fine maybe. I just wonna say thanks for sticking with me and I'm sorry my story is so angsty lately and hopefully you still like reading despite everything :)

This chapter is pre long btw but idk, leave a vote and stuff. You know what to do

.

.

.

"I've always wanted to train on Trutina! As a little girl, its citizens were my idols." Allura says blissfully. "The planet is populated by the most dauntless of warriors. They are strong and fearless, yet they fight with such grace and beauty."

"Oh rad, like dance battles." Lance says.

"Er, yes, I suppose their swift movements could be considered similar to dancing." Allura replies.

"I'm considered quite the dancer myself you know." Lance wriggles his eyebrows as he rolls his hips.

Keith places a hand on his face to shield himself from the cringey display but as Lance bites his lip and puts more drive into his moves, Keith finds himself parting his fingers to get a peek.

"I could always train you, princess." Lance says, taking Allura's hand to twirl her around.

"But this isn't exactly—" Allura begins.

"Alright, that's enough dancing!" Keith interrupts, grabbing Lance's other hand and pulling him back. "You better not do that ever again."

"Why?" Lance whines.

"W-What I mean is, you're going to humiliate us with those moves on Trutina." Keith lies. "Especially don't deface Allura in front of her idols. You shouldn't do that in front of anyone ever."

Lance gasps. "How could you say that? That is so not true!"

He turns to Allura for help but she just taps her fingers together awkwardly. "Well, actually, it is true doing that during battle would be extremely embarrassing."

"Shiro!" Lance cries. "Keith's bullying me!"

"Keith be nice!" Shiro hollers from the next room.

"And he's corrupted your girlfriend!" Lance adds.

The doors swish open as Shiro strides into the room. He stands before the three and puts his hands on his hips. "What's going on?"

"They want to dance against the warriors of Trutina." Allura says.

"What? You think I can't do it!" Lance replies challengingly.

Shiro bites back a laugh. "I see." He says. "Well, you heard him. I think we should let him prove himself on Trutina."

"I will!" Lance declares. "I'll definitely do it."

"Alright, I'll trust you to challenge them to battle as soon as we land." Shiro says with a chuckle.

Shiro loops his arm around Allura's shoulders and begins leading her away. When she looks up at him with a puzzled expression, he grins down at her and winks. Allura shakes her head with a smile. After the two leave the room, silence falls between Lance and Keith.

Keith fiddles his fingers uneasily. "Are you really going to dance with them?"

"Of course, and I'm going to give it my all!" Lance says aggressively.

Thoughts of Lance touching, holding and grinding someone else make Keith's stomach flip.

Lance crosses his arms with an angry pout. "You don't even believe in me..."