Ch15 Undeniably Gay

Hot damn ^ what do you mean this isn't how the pool scene played out?

.

Keith is standing in the kitchen drinking a glass of water as he peers at Lance and Allura out of the corner of his eye. The two are chatting away casually but it makes Keith feel a tinge of discomfort. Lance may have admitted to liking men but Keith still doesn't know how he stands on women.

Sometimes Keith hates how charismatic Lance is. Sometimes, he doesn't want Lance to talk to anybody else. He wants Lance to pretend no one else is around. He wants Lance to look at only him and smile at only him, and kiss him as if in the entire universe there is only them. Keith wants Lance to be his and his alone.

Allura waves goodbye before leaving the room, giving Keith an opportunity to slide in next to Lance.

"Random question. Nothing to do with anything—Just out of curiosity..." Keith says, fiddling with his fingers. "When do you think you'll tell the others that you're gay?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Let's not bring labels into this. " Lance replies. "I-I'm not gay per say, I'm just sometimes attracted to men."

Lance's uncertainty makes Keith feel insecure and uneasy. How can he be sure that he even has a chance with Lance? In a timorous search for hope, the words just seem to spill from his mouth.

"Do you find me attractive?"

Lance freezes up, his cheeks turning red. "What? I-I've never thought about it!" He denies immediately. Lance scoffs, trying to hide the nervous quiver in his voice. "Seriously? Mullethead? As if..."

Keith's spirits sink in disappointment. He reaches up and twiddles his long fringe in between his fingers.

"Maybe I should cut my hair..." Keith mutters glumly.

"No!" Lance exclaims suddenly, causing Keith to flinch a little.

"What?" Keith responds fearfully.

"Uh—I, er..." Lance blushes and mumbles something indistinguishable.

"What?" Keith says, leaning in slightly.

"I said you look fine just the way you are!" Lance speaks up.

Keith smirks and cocks an eyebrow. "So you do like my hair."

Lance crosses his arms stubbornly. "Vain much? Not everything is about looks Keith."

"Is that your way of coming to terms with the fact that you think I'm hot?" Keith replies smugly.

"Maybe when I say I'm attracted to men I mean their personality." Lance persists. "It's what's on the inside that counts after all."

"So what do you think of my personality?" Keith questions. "Am I still attractive?"

Lance averts his eyes, trying to think of an escape. Attracted to Keith? He has never had to face this possibility before. How could he be? It's Keith!

Lance sighs and answers truthfully. "What do you mean, what do you I think of your personality? I couldn't possibly put something so complex into words. Besides, it shouldn't matter what I think. It's not about what's attractive and what's not—it's about who you are. And you are...amazing."

Keith's cheeks flush pink. He is clearly caught off-guard by Lance's bluntly honest flattery.

Lance clears his throat awkwardly. "Not that I should be fuelling your vanity."

"You're the one who's vain, Mr Hotshot!" Keith says, ruffling lance's hair.

"My hair!" Lance shrieks before quickly moving to fix it.

Keith laughs. He smiles to himself as he watches Lance, wishing deeply that he could say the words arising in his heart.