Ch36 Stormy Day

^ What even is this I love it XD

(This chapter was goin' on so long that I decided split it in two, soz. I'll try to get the next part out soon)

.

.

.

Lance stirs as he slowly awakens. He tightens his arms around the body beside him, cuddling up to the familiar warmth.

"Morning," Keith says.

Lance's eyes flutter open at the soft, sweet sound. He looks down to see Keith laying on his bare chest, gazing up at him with a tender smile. Lance's heart skips a beat. Just last night, he had seen a new side of Keith-one with flushed cheeks and nothing but Lance's name on his lips. They hadn't gone all the way, but it certainly makes this seem all the more real...all the more special. Lance couldn't bear to imagine anyone else being close enough to see every side of Keith, every tiny detail that Lance has spent so long admiring. Keith is his to treasure. And he realises now more than ever that he wants to treasure Keith forever.

Lance nuzzles his reddening face into Keith's hair and exhales a quiet whisper,

"Te amo mucho..."

(I love you so much...)

"Lance, I can't understand your Spanish mumbo jumbo." Keith mumbles, his lips grazing against Lance's skin.

Lance blushes upon realising what he had just uttered. That was the first time he's ever said it out loud, and Keith doesn't even know.

Keith shifts up from Lance's chest to kiss his neck, and then his jawline, and eventually his lips after peppering his skin with kisses every inch of the way.

Lance giggles. "Better not blemish my perfect skin."

"As long as we're on a winter planet that requires scarves and full-coverage clothes, I can do whatever I want." Keith says with a smirk.

Lance smiles and pecks Keith's nose. "Good morning to you too."

"Now that you're awake, we should go join the others for breakfast." Keith says.

Lance groans lazily. "Or you could make me breakfast in bed like the perfect man you are."

Keith scoffs. "Who do you take me for?" He sits up and throws off the blankets, earning a yelp from Lance. "If I have to get up then you have to get up."

"I hate you." Lance grumbles.

"Sure." Keith replies.

Lance's cheeks flush a deep red, and he stubbornly buries his face in his pillow to hide his embarrassment. Keith is right, of course...

It is certainly not hatred tugging at Lance's heart.

.

.

The resort has a divine breakfast hall where everyone is already seated eating breakfast when Keith and Lance finally join them.

"Morning!" Hunk greets spiritedly as he shovels a spoon of bright orange goo into his mouth.

"Good morning!" Lance yawns.

"Have a good sleep?" Pidge asks with a smile.

"Amazing." Keith answers brazenly.

Lance blushes.

"The beds here are so comfy, right? Hunk says happily.

"Y-Yeah ahaha!" Lance replies, scratching the back of his neck nervously.