Ch43 The Dream

A/N: This one's a little saucy

.

After the peace meeting with the Trutinians, Voltron had another extravagant feast and then said their goodbyes. Keith's hands fidget nervously as they approach the castle. Lance had come out to Shiro and Allura already and is planning to talk to the others once they are comfortably on their way. This is so big and unexpected, how could Keith not be anxious? He wanted this so much but at the same time he feels like just turning back and staying in the safe place they are in now. What if it goes wrong? Or what if it goes right? Too right? What if this is all just a dream?

Keith is pulled from his thoughts when he feels a hand, large and warm, clasp his own. He looks beside him to see Lance smiling gently.

"What are you so nervous about? Shouldn't I be the one most afraid?" Lance asks.

"We share each other's weight, remember? This is as big for me as it is for you." Keith answers.

Lance interlocks their fingers and gives Keith's hand a squeeze. "Well then I'm telling you we got this, so there is no reason for us to be scared."

"Now I'm feeling selfish because this is supposed to be your moment," Keith says. "Maybe you just want to come out today and then tell everyone about our relationship some other time? They should be happy for you but I dunno if it'll distract attention—"

"They should be happy for both of us. It was you that helped me get here. Besides, the moment I come out Pidge won't have to hold back anymore to spare my fragile feelings. She'll be teasing us about crushing on each other nonstop so we might as well just own it." Lance replies.

Keith bites his lip and nods.

Lance smirks playfully. "Keithy, you're not getting cold feet are you?"

Keith quickly shakes his head.

"Why aren't you speaking? You gonna cry?" Lance teases.

Keith nudges Lance with his shoulder, mumbling, "You're the cry-baby here."

"Am not." Lance denies.

"Are too." Keith rebuttals.

"scuse me, pregnant lady comin' through." Pidge groans as they clamber inside the ship.

Shiro grabs Pidge's shoulders in terror. "You are not!"

Pidge pats her belly. "Give it a feel."

"Matt's gonna kill me!" Shiro shrieks as he shakes Pidge back and forth. "Why are you so calm? When did this happen? You don't even like talking to people!"

"It happened just now when you turned your back and I quickly scoffed down your dessert without chewing." Pidge says.

"I knew it was you!" Shiro replies. "No, wait, why is that important right now?"

"Because now I have a massive food baby." Pidge says, rubbing her stomach.

Shiro pushes apart from Pidge with a sigh. "You scared the living daylights out of me."

"I think I need to go lie down to help the digestion." Pidge says, trotting off.

Hunk reaches up his arms to stretch. "Ditto. I'm about to crash into a mighty food coma. Everyone's full right? I don't need to cook dinner or anything?"

"You're right Hunk, go ahead." Shiro says. "You too princess, get a good night's sleep."

"I'll be fine, it is more important that we discuss our next step in the collation." Allura protests.