Ch26 Falling Hard

Look how pure this it ^

Previously:

"How about we go out there together." Lance says.

"O-Okay," Keith agrees with a weak nod. "Where do you want to go?"

Lance grins. "It's a surprise!"

.

Lance leads Keith by the hand into the Blue lion. He sits down in the piolets chair and pats his lap with a big grin.

"Seriously?" Keith grumbles, even though he is already making himself comfortable in Lance's lap.

Keith averts his eyes in an attempt to feel less flustered. Lance smirks as he wraps his arms around Keith to reach the controls.

"This situation feels similar, no?" Lance says as they take off in the blue lion. "You took me on a special trip when I was feeling sad, now it's my turn to treat you."

Keith blushes. "A-Are you taking me—"

"To our special place!" Lance announces happily.

Keith's blush reddens. He had found that planet so that one day he could take Lance there for a date—but here they are, Lance taking him out. Keith's heartbeat quickens. This is certainly a change of events.

Calm down, he is telling himself. This is not a date, Lance is just trying to cheer me up. I did tell him the last time we were there that it is our special place.

"I'm gonna land somewhere different this time. Let's explore the land." Lance says.

The blue lion enters the atmosphere of their secret planet and Lance flies it across the land until coming to a large lake.

"Cool!" Lance says as he lands his lion.

Lance grabs Keith's hand and rushes outside, practically dragging the boy behind him. Keith stops and stares in awe at the sight. Orange sunlight glistens across the surface of the lake like dancing lights. The edge of the water is laced with beautiful trees that have soft pink leaves and bright red fruit.

"Woah...I've never seen plantation like that before." Keith says. "That fruit looks so succulent!"

In the blink of an eye, Lance has latched himself onto a tree trunk and begun shimmying his way up.

"What are you doing?" Keith asks bluntly.

"Getting you—that—fruit!" Lance says in between grunts as he hauls himself up the tree.

Keith blinks in surprise. "But—W-Wait, you could get hurt. Don't go climbing strange trees just for a piece of fruit."

"You said you wanted it." Lance answers simply, keeping his eye on the prize.

"We don't even know if it's safe to eat," Keith protests. "Please, come down from there Lance."

"No way I'm almost there." Lance says.

Lance stretches an arm out, his fingertips barely scarping the piece of fruit above him. Keith bites his lip nervously as he watches. All of a sudden, Lance's foot slips and he goes falling to the ground.

"Lance!" Keith pushes off and lunges forward just in time to catch Lance in his arms.

Lance blinks in surprise as he looks up at Keith with flushed cheeks.

Keith sighs in relief before smiling down at Lance. "Told you I'll always catch you—But that doesn't mean you can go climbing things like an idiot."