Ch6 The Closet is Opened

^ Pretty much sums up VLD ^

This is the author bringing a message from the future, I wrote this book before Adam existed so can you not spam comments about that, ty
.
.
.

Allura, Coran, Shiro and Pidge spared no effort in building a magnificent pillow fort, which was in no time filled with the delicious scent of Hunk's cooking. In a tent of blankets lit with soft fairy lights, the strange group of young adults are sitting round a small table sharing pizza and telling stories.

"And that's why I don't trust gingers."

Lance finishes his story to the sound of laughter.

"But I possess the ginger hair!" Coran stresses.

Lance laughs and gives Coran a slap on the back. "Don't worry buddy. So what if a ranga once stole my goat? That couldn't tear apart the bond we've formed."

Coran wipes away a tear of happiness. "What a beautifully spoken story."

At this, even Keith lets a small chuckle escape his lips.

"See, socialising can be fun right?" Shiro says, giving Keith a nudge.

Keith doesn't reply. He watches over his teammates...his friends...and he smiles. He's never experienced anything quite like this before. Sure, he had Shiro to support him and give him guidance, sort of like a brotherly figure, but he still spent his life feeling alone. But now...now he has friends with bonds stronger than family.

Keith's gaze settles on Lance. He is wearing that broad grin of his. It's so lively and bubbly and just...happy. It fills Keith's heart with warmth. Lance catches Keith's eye, and Keith smiles fondly at him.

"What if I dyed my hair red?" He asks. "Would you still trust me?"

"You know I would trust you with my life no matter what colour your hair is." Lance answers.

Keith is taken back by this answer. Lance being genuinely sweet to him? He isn't quite sure how to respond to this...

Lance immediately aborts the situation. He resorts to his usual mockery. "But please don't take that as a liberty. Your hair is bad enough as it is."

Keith rolls his eyes as his teammates share a laugh.

"Seriously, a mullet? No bueno for the ladies." Lance adds with a chuckle.

Pidge and Shiro exchange looks.

"Should we...?" Shiro starts.

Pidge holds up a hand and shakes her head slowly.

Allura, Coran and Hunk are still snickering.

"Lance, you do know..." Keith mummers unsurely.

Lance turns to Keith cluelessly. "What?"

"...Never mind." Keith says.

How could Lance not know? It had never occurred to Keith before, but he has never said it out loud before. He has never had to. Keith has never had family or friends, he didn't seek anyone's approval and he certainly didn't care what anyone thought of him, so coming out of the closet was never a necessary obstacle for him to go through. Of course Shiro knew but that was because the two boys grew up together. One day Shiro just outright asked Keith to which he simply replied "Yes" and that was the end of it.

"Okay, okay. What was your worst ever dating experience?" Hunk asks with a giggle.

"I was not allowed to date as Princess of Altea but that did not stop me from trying to sneak out." Allura says. "Once, whilst trying to climb out my window to meet a boy, I accidentally fell and broke my leg. The boy caught a glimpse of my bone and threw up all over me..."