Ch28 The Talk

Hi, I'm not dead just very stressed, I'm sorry I've been neglecting this book a bit. I'll be trying harder to update more from now on. Thankyou all for staying with me :)

.

Keith breathes a sigh as he snuggles up to Lance's chest. He had woken up a few minutes ago but his eyes remain closed as he allows himself to enjoy relaxing in Lance's embrace a little while longer.

Lance is warm and cosy. Keith loves this body. He loves Lance's lanky arms hugging him tightly. He loves the gentle beating of Lance's heart against his ear. Even though Lance's clothes and bedsheets are still soaked with his sweat and tears, all that matters is it smells like Lance and Keith loves it. Keith loves everything about Lance.

Keith finally opens his eyes when he feels Lance shift and stir in his sleep. Part of him wants Lance to keep sleeping so he never has to move but the other part of him desires nothing more than to see those enchanting blues eyes that he loves so much.

Keith's heart flutters as Lance slowly blinks his eyes open, batting those beautiful long lashes of his. That familiar glistening sea of blue has swallowed Keith up in a second as Lance gazes down at him softly.

"Hermoso...Príncipe Encantador..." Lance slurs sleepily, his voice still husk and gravely.

(A/N: Lance had said "Beautiful...Prince Charming...")

Keith blushes. There is nothing sexier than a man's morning voice, or so he had thought. Something about Lance whispering Spanish words to him has heat prickling up the back of his neck. Even though Keith has no idea what Lance is saying...He should probably learn some Spanish. For all he knows, he could be getting turned on by Lance talking about a monkey's ass.

Lance smiles to himself as his head falls back onto his pillow. "Suerte la mía..."

("Lucky me...")

Shortly after Lance speaks, he grips his throat and whines.

"Your voice must be sore, huh." Keith says, slowly learning how to communicate with sleepy Lance.

Lance nods. For the past two days, he had been in a nightmarish sleep causing him to live his worst fears. So yes, his throat is wrecked from screaming and crying, but good things came of it too; such as Keith kissing him, which lead to the best make out Lance has ever experienced despite the pain that sliced through his throat with every huffed breath. Lance didn't care, the taste of Keith was sweet and soothing. It was worth it. Every single bit of pain Lance has experienced on the journey leading up to this moment has been worth it.

Keith heaves a sigh. As much as he wants to stay cuddled up to Lance forever, the day must go on...

"How about I go get you some water and whatever alien throat medicine I can find." Keith says as he sits up.

Lance looks up at Keith pleadingly. Looks like he didn't want to move either.

"Mi amor príncipe...don't go!" Lance pines, his English surfacing.

("My love prince...don't go!")

Keith smiles and gently places a hand on Lance's head. Lance closes his eyes as Keith brushes aside his hair and leans down to kiss his forehead.

"I'll be back, I promise." Keith whispers before pulling away.

Lance whimpers slightly as Keith gets up and leaves the room.

Keith runs a hand through his hair as he walks down the hallway. His heart is racing. The peaceful warmth of cuddling Lance in bed has left him. It is time to wake up to reality. He knows as soon as he returns they will have to talk about yesterday. The dreaded talk. Yes, Keith is buzzing with excitement and happiness over what happened, but he is also shaking with anxiety and fear. Lance isn't quite sure about himself yet, what if Keith had moved too fast? It is important that they distinguish where they are at and where they want to go with this.