Ch23 Ships Burning

Okay, I know Season 4 has already come out but this fanfiction is sorta timeless so let's just pretend Lotor and his generals are still cool.

Edit: this was written at a point in the show when Lotor was the biggest threat so sorry for making him evil

.

Keith's heavy eyelids slowly blink open. His blurry vision comes into focus to see his entire team beaten up with their hands cuffed behind their backs and tied to a pillar. Shiro is unconscious and bleeding out on the floor. Allura sobs weakly beside him. The entire team looks broken...except Lance. Lance has fire in his eyes.

Keith's wrists are also cuffed behind his back. They are pulled back so tightly his shoulders are aching.

"Good, you're awake." A cold voice hisses.

As Lotor steps in front of Keith, who immediately lashes out and starts pulling at his handcuffs. But it is no use. No matter how aggressively Keith struggles, he cannot break free.

Lotor smirks and brings out a familiar knife, twirling it in his fingers. "I see you're part Galra. No wonder you had always impressed me."

Keith's eyes widen in anger. "Give that back!"

Lotor steps up to Keith and crouches down to his level. Lotor runs Keith's knife along his jawline and then uses it to lift his chin.

"Don't touch him!" Lance yells, fighting against his handcuffs.

One of Lotor's generals, Zethrid, kicks Lance over the back of his head. "Silence!"

Tears well up in Keith's eyes, begging for Lance's safety.

"I've taken an interest in you, paladin." Lotor says, looking into Keith's eyes intensely. "You have potential far beyond these scum of Voltron—"

"Get your hands off him!" Lance roars, trying his best to crawl towards Keith. "You stay away from Ke—"

Zethrid grabs Lance's hair, pulls him back and clamps her other hand over his mouth. Keith screws his eyes shut tightly, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You are stronger than this, Keith." Lotor whispers. "Join me as one of my generals. My visions are different from my fathers, we can stop this war together. You belong with your own kind."

Keith grits his teeth and smashes his head forward into Lotor's, sending him toppling to the ground.

Lotor growls as he clutches his head in pain. "You little—"

"I will never join you!" Keith yells as he struggles to his feet.

All of Lotor's generals rush to recapture Keith. Pidge uses the opportunity to wriggle a pocket tool out of her sleeve. Her wrists are constricted in a position that makes it so she cannot reach her own handcuffs. The nearest person to her is Lance, and he is also the only one with fighting spirit left in him.

"Lance, come here." Pidge whispers urgently.

Lance scoots over to Pidge and she begins tinkering with his handcuffs.

"Once your free, uncuff me and then I can handle everyone else." Pidge orders in a hushed voice. She knows that Lance is burning to help Keith but he cannot do it alone.

Lotor's generals have Keith pinned to the ground. They add another set of cuffs to his ankles to ensure he can't move.

"If you will not join me, then you will be the undoing of your precious Voltron." Lotor says in disgust.

Acxa grabs Keith's hair to lift him up into a sitting position while Ezor hands Lotor the Altean headset that projects the wearer's thoughts.

"A useless Altean contraption." Lotor is saying as he walks towards Keith with the headset in hand. "But perhaps I can use it to my advantage." Lotor shoves the headset onto Keith and turns a dial to switch it on. "Let's dig through your memories and see what kind of secrets Voltron is hiding."