Ch19 Ladrón de amor (Love Theif)

LOOK HOW F*CKING AMAZING THIS ART IS ^ I CAN'T STOP STARING AT IT!

Alright I feel like Keith's eye color keeps fricking changing throughout the show but right now on the wikipage it says "Blue-Grey" so that's what we're going with.
P.S. leave a vote if you enjoy ;)

.

Lance couldn't sleep. He was feeling particularly homesick on this cold, lonely night. He wonders through the empty castle until coming to rest in the living room. Lance slips on the alien headset that the paladins had once used in a team bonding exercise. The technology projects your mind; occasionally Lance likes to use it to watch back memories of his family.

Lance curls his knees into his chest and watches the projected memories for hours into the night, his heart aching. He watches until his vision becomes blurred by tears and he cannot watch anymore. Lance suddenly feels isolated in the cold depths of space, like he has fallen to the bottom of a deep ocean.

Lance unconsciously reaches up and grips the pendant hanging over his heart. He is instantly relaxed by a wave of warmth and tenderness. This pendant has become a source of comfort for Lance; it reminds him of home, and it reminds him of Keith.

The hologram in front of him flickers as images of Keith begin to appear. That's right...even if Lance is lost in the storm of an icy sea, Keith will be there to hold his hand and pull him out. When Lance is with Keith, he feels as though he can finally take a breath from everything that has been going on.

Lance hugs his knees and watches his memories of Keith and their times together. Warmth rises to his chest as he sits and stares at the red paladin.

"Lance?"

Lance fumbles for the headset and throws it across the floor. The living room lights flicker on and Lance turns to face Keith standing in the doorway, squinting tiredly.

"K-Keith!" Lance stammers. "I was just—I couldn't sleep."

Keith's eyes widen as he gets a better look at Lance. He immediately rushes forward and sits beside him.

"Hey, hey, what's the matter?" Keith asks worriedly. "Why are you crying?"

"I-I'm not really..." Lance answers, wiping his eyes.

Without a seconds hesitation, Keith pulls Lance into a tight hug. Lance reaches up and grips Keith's shirt as he snuggles into the crook of Keith's neck.

"I miss my family..." Lance whispers. "I miss Earth..."

It is heart wrenching for Keith to see Lance suffer, and it is even more painful that he cannot help or relate in any way. He feels completely powerless...He would give anything to make Lance happy.

"It's funny...we spend hours on Earth gazing at the stars but after being surrounded by the vast space for so long you start to miss the little things." Lance says. "Like the soft grass and the smell of dirt. The wind and the rain and warmth of the sun."

Keith slowly pulls away from Lance. He can't reunite Lance with his family but he can try his best to fulfil Lance's dreams.

Keith takes Lance's hand and pulls him to his feet. "Come with me." He says.

Lance has no problem abiding. He intertwines his fingers with Keith's and instantly feels secure. He would entrust his life to these hands.

Keith leads Lance to the hanger and into the red lion. After sitting down in his chair, Keith looks up at Lance and pats his lap with a smile.

Lance blushes. He hesitates before carefully lowering himself into Keith's lap. His heartbeat quickens as Keith wraps his arms around him to reach the controls.