Ch42 Wistful Love and Sexy Dancing

"Just tell me this once and I'll believe you." Keith says passionately. "Is everything that I want okay? Am I really allowed to stay with you no matter what?"

Lance's overwhelming happiness bursts as he pulls Keith into his chest.

"It's okay, Keith, you're allowed to live for yourself and do what you want too. S-So if that's what you want, then, I expect you to hold onto me and never let go." Lance says, his face reddening.

Lance's heart skips a beat as Keith hugs him tightly.

"Yeah," Keith replies softly. "I will."

Lance exhales a breath as he snuggles into Keith's hair. He's way too hot and flustered right now. And why is his heart pounding so much? Can Keith feel it? Hear it? Ah, that would be embarrassing... It's just that, don't the words that they're sharing sound kind of like a marriage proposal?

Lance gulps. "K-Keith, I...I think I seriously lo—"

Lance is cut off by a loud growl from Keith's stomach.

Keith moans weakly. "Sorry...I really am hungry."

"Have you eaten anything today?" Lance exclaims, pushing them apart.

Keith scratches the back of his head sheepishly. "Uh...no."

"Geez! You're too much..." Lance complains.

Keith pouts grumpily. "I can't help my stomach growling."

"I was about to confess something really important you know!" Lance says, blushing furiously.

Keith's eyes light up with curiosity, much like a small child. "What was it? What were you gonna say?"

Lance crosses his arms. "No, you don't get to hear it now."

"Huh? Why?" Keith whines.

"Because I changed my mind. You're too annoying." Lance lies provocatively.

Keith inhales deeply, his cheeks puffed angrily. He grabs Lance's arm abruptly and wraps his own arms around it firmly.

"W-What are you latching onto my arm for?" Lance asks, despite his thoughts that Keith makes the most adorable koala.

"I don't care if you think I'm annoying, I'll just try harder." Keith says. "I want to be by your side no matter what. You said to hold on and never let go, so..."

Keith cuddles Lance's arm against his chest, burying his face in Lance's shoulder.

"So we're gonna walk around like this now?" Lance smiles amusedly, gazing at the smaller boy with endearment. "And why is it that I'm always called the clingy one?"

"Because you never sleep in your own bed." Keith says.

"Do you want me to? Then I guess I will from now on." Lance teases.

"No!" Keith says quickly.

Lance smirks. "See, if you're away from me too long you'll become restless. If I slept in my own bed you'd probably slither in during the night and take advantage of me while I'm sleeping."

"I wouldn't! You're the one who always grabs my ass when I'm tryna get to sleep!" Keith says shrilly.

"I also work for what I want. Didn't you say you'd do anything to stay with me?" Lance cocks an eyebrow suggestively.

Keith's face heats up. "If you wonna know how I feel then d-don't use my words against me!"

"You're right, I'm sorry." Lance smiles and pats Keith's head.