Chapter 29

Skye POV

We were back at the boys flat for once, the other girls crashing at our place, Demi and Jack had literally fallen asleep cuddled up together. But you know Liv and I weren't actually with our boyfriends, Liv was using Brooklyn as a pillow and I was using Mikey as one and us four were on the sofa. Rye and Andy were on Rye's bunk and we'd all been talking. Almost like the old times, Liv nudged me with her foot, shifting in Mikey's arms I looked at her, she said "Randy are jelly."

"Well they'll live." I mumbled.

Rye whined "Liv come cuddle with me, Andy's being annoying."

"Am not." Andy said indignantly.

"Are too." Rye argued.

Liv rolled her eyes and then our phones went off, we glanced at each other, confused. Answering mine I said "Sherry?..."

"Skye," Sherry said down the phone, "its Ma, she collapsed. The cancer...its spread." And Sherry broke down on the phone, Liv meanwhile was breaking down in Brook's embrace. it's a funny thing, the Foster family is, I'm not a Foster but in many ways I was. They were my family too, Theo and I were the ones who refused to break down. Sherry and Liv were the ones who'd break. I said getting up "Sherry listen to me sweetheart,"

Liv was shaking badly, cursing I said "Sherry go find Theo, I need to take care of your sister. We'll come up as soon as we can. Be strong baby girl."

Hanging up I threw my phone to Mikey who caught it, lucky for us we always had clothes at the boys flat, just in case we crashed here. Brook said eyes wide "Liv calm down. It'll be ok."

Rye had gone over and went to hug her but she shoved him away and I shrieked causing Demi and Jack to wake up as Liv tackled to me to the floor and cried on me. Wrapping my arms round her I sighed and held her. She sobbed "I can't lose her Skye, she's my mum. And Sherry is only 13,"

Wincing I sat us both up and looked at her grabbing her face in my hands I said "Listen to me, Susie is one of the strongest people I've ever met. Without her, I'd have gone off the rails years ago Liv. Your mum will fight for as long as she can, but we all die one day love. And usually its those we love, and care about that go before those we hate. No matter what happens Liv, you got Sherry, Theo and your dad there for you. And you've always got me,"

Liv looked at me and said quietly "How was Sherry?"

"As bad as you were," I said quietly, "now for Sherry's sake, cry now."

"But I feel like an idiot." Liv said weakly.

I looked at her and said "Once a wise woman told me that crying isn't a sign of weakness, it showed you were human, that you could feel emotions. It also means that you care,"

"You and Theo don't cry," Liv frowned.

I raised a brow "We do, we just cry away from everyone else, cause we're able to hold it back. You and Sherry just let it out,"

The door opened and Theo and Sherry came in. Blair was there and he knew, from the way he was watching Liv. Sherry flew to her sister and they held onto each other and the sobbing began. Theo looked at me "Skye."

"C'mere," I sighed opening my arms, Theo came over and collapsed against me and for the first time he cried in front of his sisters. Demi said "Skye what's going on?"

I glanced at her and said "Liv's mum, her cancers spread..."

Demi's eyes widened and getting up she grabbed her phone and rang someone "Meg?...get the others. Liv's mum."

And despite everything, I smiled, Demi knew straight away that the other girls would know how to handle this. Because this time, the boys would be in the dark on how to handle this, how to talk to Liv. Blair glanced behind and the girls came through, Meg raised a brow "Ok, Skye are we good?"