Chapter 39

Dan's P.O.V.

We made our way down the hallway and I heard Jay clicked behind me, faltering every now and again. There were voices up ahead and our rooms were all the way down the other end of the hotel from the elevator so we had to walk right past them.

I didn't recognise any of the people until we came across some very familiar faces that we had met on several occasions. Once they saw us one waved us over, and, looking back at Jay to make sure she was okay, we did.

"Hey Jack, hey Mark." Jack pulled me into a hug, his head barely coming up to my nose.

"You guys were so brave, I saw your videos, it was amazing." I gave a nod of thanks before Mark took Jack's place, hugging me tightly. He was only just taller than Jack and still only came up to my nose.

Jay was standing behind Louise, peaking out from behind her and watching the pair, probably not knowing who they were. Jack looked over at Louise and then did a double take when he spotted Jay, who was barely visible.

"Are you Jay?" She nodded, one hand on Louise's arm and the other on her crutches, eyes looking straight up at Jack. He seemed to sense her discomfort because he made no move towards her, just smiling and introducing himself.

"I'm Jack, I'm a friend of Dan and Phil's. That's Mark." He pointed towards him, he was still standing beside me and he was also looking at her before turning back to me.

"That was amazing, I don't know how you did that." I looked over at Phil.

"To be honest neither do I, I felt like I was going to pass out while we were filming." I rubbed the back of my neck, thinking back over the past few days.

"We'll let you go, you lot look exhausted and we'll see you 'round?" I nodded and then we continued down the hallway with cases being dragged behind us.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The hotel rooms were nice, Phil and I's room had two double beds, although we didn't think we would be using one of them, and Jay and Louise's room was very similar, if not slightly smaller.

We had the rest of the day and night to chill, as we weren't going down to the event until the following day. Jay seemed exhausted so we left her for a while, looking through our social media with Louise, who had come into our room to let Jay have some peace.

"Should we go out for tea or should we just get room service?"

"I dunno, it depends how Jay feels on facing crowds and everything, there's going to be a lot of fans out there."

Louise went over to the window and peered down onto the streets below.

"Yeah, there's a lot of people down there, I think Vidcon has just closed for the day." Looking over at the clock, 7:30. I was pretty hungry and it was really up to Jay, but I didn't mind room service.

"Is there a restaurant in the hotel?"

"Oh! I think there is, hold up I'll go and check." Louise disappeared out of the front door and Phil looked and me, but I shrugged.

There were footsteps next door and the door between our rooms opened, Jay walking in and leaning on her crutches. She was rubbing her eyes with one hand tiredly, her clothes rumbled from sleep.

"Hey Jay, feeling better?"

"Still tired." She grumbled, falling onto the bed beside me and Phil. Her crutches clattered to the floor and she rested her head on her arms, eyes struggling not to close.

"Louise has just gone to check if there's a restaurant downstairs, we don't particularly want to be overrun-"

"There's a restaurant, Mark and Jack just told me. They're going down if we want to go with them." Louise had barged back in through the door and was waving a pamphlet around madly, showing a pool, a bar and a restaurant on the cover.