Chapter 86

Phil's P.O.V.

After two weeks on the prosthetic, Jay was starting to get the hang of things. Although she still wasn't walking on her own, using the crutches all the time, she had managed to get her foot on the ground a few times and take a few steps, very cautiously though.

Dan was slowly coming around to the fact that she had lost her leg, shock delaying the response for months. He wasn't sure how everything would work, often voicing his opinions to me when he needed a second voice in the conversation, to sort out if what he was thinking was rational.

"Phil? Can you help me for a second?" I looked up to see Dan standing in the doorway, a camera in hand and laptop in the other. I figured he was recording a video, after all we had basically abandoned our channels for a good month and half while we sorting our lives out.

"Sure, what do you need?" He shrugged.

"Just focusing the camera and stuff, the usual." I pulled myself up from my bed, where I had been seated for the past half hour, attempting to be productive. I had been going over my social media and checking things I had missed over the time Jay had been home, as I had had much less spare time than usual.

I followed Dan into his room, where his tri-pod was already set up.

"What are you filming? One of the old ideas?" He paused.

"I- I only just came up with the idea actually." He gave me a sly grin, his dimples showing. "I wanted to do the boyfriend tag, might as well give the shippers something cute."

I groaned internally, knowing that it had been coming for a long time.

"Sureeeeeeee... fineeeeeeeee... you win this round."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where and when was your first kiss?" I paused for a couple of seconds, thinking back to the first kiss. Dan had been incredibly shy.

"When, was right before we got together and I'm talking like 5 minutes before I asked him out and where was in my apartment, when Dan came down to visit one time. He stayed the night actually." Dan was cringing beside me, remembering how shy he used to be.

"When did you meet Dan's parents for the first time?" Dan was face-palming in the corner, already regretting coming up with the idea.

"Oh my god, why did we get the most cringy questions first!" Dan cried, leaning onto my shoulder and pushing me playfully.

"Well, I ment Dan's parents after about 6 months of dating and we went back to his house to visit for a couple of days. They're really nice and support us a lot." Dan stopped attempting to hit me and smiled shyly, weirded out at the mention of his parents.

"Where was your first date?" Dan read that one, his face turning bright red, remembering the time we- I mean I almost outed us through a video and a very stupid sentence live on radio.

"We went to Avatar, and we kissed in 3D glasses, as some of you might have worked out by now." I cringed myself, remembering Dan's reaction when I said 'remember when we went to Avatar and got those 3D glasses?', his wide eyes and shocked expression.

"What's your morning routine?" Dan laughed, as it was the same every morning.

"Wake up at like 11 or something, poke each other for half an hour until we actually feel like getting up and then annoy each other for the rest of the day. Honestly, we're useless at getting up."

"Nicknames?"

"Well I call Dan bear, as most of you know but Dan doesn't really have any nicknames for me. Mostly just Phil, lion but that's an old one, or asshole depending if I'm being annoying or not."

"Do either of you snore?" Dan actually scared me, laughing very, very loudly.

"Phil does! A lot!" I poked him in the side, knowing that what he was saying was maybe... a little bit true.

"Do you like cuddling?"

"Yes!!! We spend most days cuddling!" I grinned.

"Can we see if we can find some creep shots? It'll be cool." Dan covered his face, thinking through all the photos we had taken of each other while we were sleeping and some of them were very cute. Most of them were of Dan sleeping on my chest in bed, having fallen asleep after a long day and I treasured those photos.

He looked really cute.

"Do you sing in the shower?" Dan poked me.

"Yes... Phil sings wayyyyyy too much." I poked him back.

"Oi! You love my amazing renditions in the morning!" He shook his head, grinning at me. I knew he hated my songs, but I found it funny.

"Do you fight often?" Dan shook his head.

"Not often, no big ones since- well- 2012..." Dan paused, looking away for a couple of seconds. We didn't like to remind each other of 2012, it was too painful most of the time.

"Do you stalk people on social media together?" I wiggled my eyebrows, nodding. We did.

"Yes, and we totally don't stalk Phan accounts..." Which we do, all the time. Dan stepped forwards to adjust the camera for a second, making sure it was still in focus while I looked down for the next question to ask Dan.

"How long have you been together in days?"

"8 years, 4 months roughly, we got together about 4 months after the first pinof, our anniversary is on February the-" There was a pause as Dan tried to remember the date. "24th! I didn't forget!"

He did often forget the exact date even though he knew what month it was because of how many dates we had to remember.

"How would you describe our first kiss?" Dan frowned, going red again.

"I was really shy then and it was soooooo embarrassing!" I interrupted him.

"He was shorter than me too and he went bright red when I tried to kiss him... I'm never going to forget that one. But I'd describe it as very shy and very gentle."

"What was your most embarrassing moment?"

"Come on Dan, the people want to know, we mentioned it and they've never let us forget." He shook his head, burying his face in his hands and going an even brighter shade of red.

"Nooooo.... I don't want toooooooo....." I had promised that I wouldn't mention it again, but I figured everyone would want to know now that we had mentioned it at least twice, once in the video and once live in America at Vidcon.

"Please?" I did actually want him to tell people, it wasn't that bad. He sighed.

"Okay.... So Phil and I were out and we were in the centre of town where there were lots and lots of people and.... jesus Christ I hate myself." He placed his hand over his forehead, cringing just thinking about what had happened. It was funny from my perspective, but not so much his. I took over.

"And so we were wandering around a bit and we went near a fountain, if you can tell where this is going congratulations, you're probably right, and we sat down next to the fountain. So suddenly this man comes running up to us and starts, like, hitting other people and when he gets to us he shoves Dan, and he falls backwards." Dan groaned.

"So Dan falls backwards into the fountain and shrieks really, really loudly and scares everyone and he actually made a child cry because he yelled so loud, and he gets all wet and has to walk home dripping wet because no taxi driver wanted to give up a lift." Dan pushed me playfully again, still red.

"Alright, that's it, I don't want to hear about it ever again okay! That's it, goodbye!"