Chapter 96

Dan's P.O.V.

"Dan I've known you for ten years and in that time you've given me the best times of my life. We've be through thick and thin together and I want us to spend the rest of our lives together, so would you, Daniel Howell, have to honour of becoming Daniel Lester?"

"Dan Howell, will you marry me?" Phil had gotten down on one knee and was holding the little black box out in front of me, showing me the ring. In the time I took to look at the ring before the happy tears clouded my eyes I saw a simple but amazing beautiful silver diamond ring with what looked liked leaf designs etched into the side.

I brought my hands to my face and nodded, not trusting myself to speak without bursting into tears.

"Yes! Yes!" Phil stood up and just hugged me, his arms around my waist and his hard breathing tickling my neck. I could feel him shaking and I could tell he was incredibly nervous.

He pulled back a little bit, one of his fingers caressing my cheek before he leaned in for a long and tender kiss, my hands dropping to his waist. After what felt like forever I felt his head settle on my shoulder and the happiness started to settle in my chest, going over what had just happened.

Phil had proposed. Phil had freaking propsed.

Speaking of which, Phil held the box with the ring in it out to me, pulling the ring out and slipping it onto my finger. It fitted perfectly and I suddenly realised what all the contact with Louise over the past few weeks had been about and I turned to the camera.

"You sneaky, sneaky bastard Louise..." I paused. "Remind me to thank you later." I was still teary and you could hear it in my voice because Phil gently turned my face to him with his finger on my chin.

"I love you Dan and I really mean it when I said all that." I nodded.

"I know... thank you Phil." He smiled, leaning in so our foreheads were touching and we stayed that way for at least a minute before Phil remembered the cameras were still filming.

"See you guys in Gamingmas!" He turned the cameras off and it was only then that I full out burst into tears, happy tears mind you, and Phil came over and just hugged me tightly, squeezing my waist tightly and whispering tiny messages in my ear.

"I love you Dan, it's okay." I felt his hand on my back and just let it sink in.

Twisting the ring around my finger I just smiled, leaning down and just standing there, basking in Phil's warmth and his hug. He was just trailing his fingers up and down my back, rocking me from side to side and breathing slowly, a little happy smile plastered on his face.

"Only you would propose when we're in onesies. You literally asked me to marry you in onesies!" Phil laughed, nodding.

"Come on, let's go and find Jay." I nodded, realising that Jay didn't actually know what had happened.

We clattered down the stairs, still hand in hand and headed to the living room, where Jay was curled up on her side on the couch with pillows under her stomach. She looked up when we came in, placing the book she was reading on the floor and doing a double take when she saw I had been crying.

"What- What's going on?" I held out the hand that had the ring on it, glancing down at Phil's hand and noticing the same ring now on his finger too. Jay gasped, sitting up and trying to stand before I stepped forwards to help her.

She squeezed my hand tightly, almost jumping around in my arms trying not to topple over.

"You two didn't get engaged in onesies did you?" She looked over at Phil, who nodded and flushed red.

She sighed happily, leaning into me and squeezing me happily. She seemed excited about the news and was quite happy, playing with the ring on my finger and watching as it shined in the light, spreading beams all around the room in the sunlight.

"How long has that been planned?" I looked around at Phil, not actually knowing how long he had had it planned.

"I've been thinking about it for at least a year and Louise helped me plan it over the last few months, she went out and bought the ring for me and stuff like that." I nodded, reminding myself to thank Louise later for her help.

"I can call Louise if you want, she wanted to hear when everything went down." I nodded, watching him pull his phone out and then slap himself in the face as he looked down at his phone. "My mum keeps calling me, I've got like 12 missed calls from her."

"Um.. oops." Phil sighed, clicking around for a couple of seconds before calling Louise and holding out the film.

"Hello? Phil?" I smiled.

"It's Dan actually. Thank you." I heard a squeal of excitement and the sound of something dropping before a couple of seconds of silence.

"No! It happened!"

"Yes, yes it did." There was another squeal.

"Yes! Ohhhhhhhh, can I come around?" I nodded, but Phil replied.

"Yeah why not, I figured you'd want to anyway."

"I'll be over in an hour." I heard the click signalling the end of the call and then silence.

"Phil should we call your mum back... she'll probably want to know after all." Phil nodded and I gently helped Jay back onto her seat, flopping down beside her and Phil followed, moving the cushions out of the way before calling his mum.

"Hey mu-"

"Phil! What was that about!" I smiled, continuing to play with the ring.

"Sorry mum, it was a prank call for a video but... something else happened today."

"Phillip Lester what happened! You know I hate it when you do that!" I nuzzled in closer to Phil, squeezing his hand.

"Hi Mrs Lester."

"Oh hi Dan! I didn't know you were there as well, but Phil what happened!" I twisted the ring around once more.

"I proposed... just then." I heard another squeal of excitement and the clattering of someone running down what I though was stairs, then more yelling in excitement. I couldn't make out many of the words but from what I could gather Phil's mum was yelling excitedly at someone.

I smiled and just leaned into Phil, waiting for calm to take hold after a few minutes of excitement.