Chapter 42

Dan's P.O.V.

The cheering was deafening, I couldn't even hear myself think as we made our way out onto the stage, a table already set up with two microphones on it. That would be the only panel we were doing by ourselves, I think Tyler (as in Tyler Oakley) and some other friends would be joining us for the other two the next day.

Phil and I pulled out the two chairs and sat down, waiting for the audience to quieten down before we started speaking.

"Hey guys, long time since we've done something like this isn't it!" Screams, although it wasn't unexpected. Everyone would scream after we said anything, it's not like they could answer probably without getting drowned out.

"How's everyone doing?" More screaming and I heard several replies of good or amazing before we sat in silence, waiting for some slight calm.

"We know what you guys are waiting for and yes, we will answer questions about it, but first-" Phil stopped talking and then leaned over to me, grabbing my chin with his hand and then bringing me into a kiss.

When he pulled back I buried my face in my hands, flushing bright red. I could hear everyone screaming and cheering but I just attempted to disappear underneath the table, and Phil knew he had embarrassed me.

"Oh my god Phil, I hate you." He laughed, giving me a friendly punch on the shoulder.

I glanced back over to the wings of the stage and saw Louise, leaning up against the wall with her arms crossed and Jay was sitting on a box, crutches leaning up beside her and swinging her legs. She smiled at me and I smiled back, at least I tried to until people in the audience started to call out asking who was there.

"For anyone asking who's backstage, Louise and Jay are back there." There were screams of excitement and a chant started up of "Jay and Lou-ise, Jay and Lou-ise"

Looking back over at the two, standing to the side, Louise shook her head and then raised her hand with ten fingers, then showed them again 4 times. I took it to mean 40 minutes, wait until then until we invited them on.

"Maybe later but we'll use this time to answer questions, we got a lot of them in the comments of our videos but we couldn't answer them all." There was a guy with a microphone standing in front of the stage and he went around to the people who had their hands up.

"How did you get together?" Phil looked at me for this one.

"Ummm... We weren't together in PINOF 1 unfortunately, but after a couple of months thing started getting serious and then, oh god this was ages ago, and then he kissed me and asked me to be his boyfriend. I said yes obviously." Phil grinned.

"What happened in 2012?" I sucked in a deep breath, but thankfully Phil started explaining for me.

"We were having a lot of arguments, we would basically refuse to be in the same room at the same time. It was over a lot of stupid things too but we got over it after a while. I think I even went and stayed with my parents at one point."

"What was your most romantic moment together?"

"Oh god, definitely last years anniversary, Phil really went above and beyond to make it amazing. I'm not explaining by the way, that was for us only." I heard some yells of 'they had sex' in the audience and Phil burst out laughing.

"Sorry guys, I'm asexual so nopeity nope nope nope, back it up."

"What was your most embarrassing moment together?"

"Well it would have to be wh-"

"Right then. When Phil kissed me in front of all of you."

"That was just embarrassing for you, not for me! As I was saying-"

"No! You are never going to live to tell that story to anyone!" By that point everyone was chanting 'tell us, tell us, tell us!'

"If you tell anyone, I am leaving this table and not coming back."

"Fineeeeee... I'll tell them at the end."

"No!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Forty minutes later we were still bantering, Phil hadn't brought up the most embarrassing moment story and the audience were starting to get restless, some of them starting up a chant for 'Jay and Lou-ise' again.

"Alright, alright, you guys want Jay and Louise, we get it." I turned my head towards them and saw Jay was already on her feet, crutches in hand. Louise was standing beside her, nodding.

"Yes, here they are." I waved my hand towards them as they came out on stage, Louise waving as she walked.

Both had microphones on their t-shirt and Jay was purposely avoiding staring at the audience. Someone had rushed out from the other side of the stage with two chairs, placing them on either side of us and they sat down in them.

"Hey everyone!" Louise raised her hand and waved and was greeted with a huge roar of cheers, while Jay was still avoiding looking up, her hands shaking. I moved the microphone out of the way.

"Are you okay?" She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

I could tell she was terrified, so I reached out and hugged her, much to the excitement of the crowd. Phil looked over at me and mouthed something, but I couldn't understand it.

"Sorry guys, Jay's just got stage fright." Jay mumbled something and I had to ask her to repeat it.

"They're so loud." I snorted and Phil looked at me curiously.

"Jay says you lot are very loud." All that was heard was cheering and Jay started smiling, relaxing a little.

"Should we answer some more questions?" More cheering.

"I'll take that as a yes."

--------------------------------------------------------

"That was fun." We were backstage again, watching whoever else was onstage do their panel.

Jay had cheered up considerably, she had actually started talking into the microphone, although it wasn't much. She had been asked a few questions like how it was to live with us. She had answered them with simple words, not saying much but it was enough to keep the audience going.

"You enjoyed that?"

"Yeah, once I got over how many of them there were! Seriously how many are there?" Phil frowned.

"I think there were a couple of hundred there, in the audience I mean." Her eyes widened.

"That's a lot."

"Not as much as you think, try having several thousand of them in the same room, all singing along to a song we made up."

"What?"

"We went on tour, and well, we made up a song that was the joke of our entire lives and now it's forever our legacy."