Chapter 43

Phil's P.O.V.

The fan meet-up was the next thing on our list, after we had lunch in the massive room filled with tables and chairs. Every YouTuber who had come to Vidcon was there, all at the same time so it was very crowded.

It was like a cafeteria at the front, everyone took a tray and then took what they wanted from the serving stations, which were in a long line. Louise and I got food for both Dan and Jay, who were sitting down and saving us a table.

Mark and Jack were sitting across the other side of the room, you could see Jack's hair from a mile away and they were with Ethan and Tyler, who looked much more relaxed than the night before.

About half way through our meal we were waved down by someone we knew very well, the short, blonde haired Tyler Oakley. He would be joining us for one of the panels the following day, so we would have seen him anyway, but I didn't expect him to bolt to the other side of the room, yelling our names.

"Oh my god! Your video! It was amazing, you guys were so brave!"

"Thanks Tyler." He was being very loud, attracting a lot of attention from the surrounding tables. Jay was looking at him curiously.

"My ship has sailed!"

"Tyler, not so loud, please." It was more for the sake of Jay than me and Phil, she seemed to want to get away from the attention as much as possible.

It was only then that Tyler noticed Jay, and how awkward she looked at the attention coming from the surrounding people.

"Oh god, sorry, I didn't mean it. You must be Jay?" She nodded.

"I'm Tyler, I've done a few collabs with Dan and Phil before." She tilted her head to the side and I knew she didn't know what it meant.

"We've done videos together."

"Oh."

-----------------------------------------------------------

We were standing behind a screen, listening to the chattering of the fans. They were queued up in lines to meet us, and Jay was with us, shifting nervously.

"It'll be okay, they don't let more than 3 in at once. They might want to talk to you though, I didn't really think about that."

"Oh, I don't mind only a few, that'll be fine."

"They might want photos... if you don't mind that is, if not we can ask them not to take any." She opened her mouth and then it snapped shut again, not sure of what to say.

"I- I don't know, I -ahhhh."

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I'll think about it."

----------------------------------------------------------

While we were waiting Dan and I moved away and I immediately said,

"Jay's birthday! It's like, tomorrow, or the day after, or something!"

"Shit." He scratched his head, glancing back over at her worriedly.

"Do we know what day it is? If it's that day after we get back, we could celebrate it then."

"I don't know what day it is, but I can ring Officer Briny or Mrs Harrow later to find out." He sighed in relief.

"Yeah, that'll work." Someone approached us and I looked up, seeing one of the security guards.

"We're going to start letting in the first kids soon, so just get ready."

"Jay! We're starting now!"

The first few people who came through Jay didn't talk too, just looked at them and stood there, trying to avoid eye contact. I was only when a young girl came through, holding out a picture for her, did she start to talk.

It was a drawing of the first video we did with Jay, when I was looking over at Dan fondly and Jay had her hand raised in a wave.

"Oh wow! This is really cool!" I smiled at her as she took it to examine it closer, her finger trailing over the signature.

"Can I have a photo? With all of you?" Jay hesitated, her eyes looking over at me and Dan.

"Okay."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later we were all exhausted, covered in sweat and hungry and as soon as the last person came through, we collapsed onto chairs. Jay looked like she was going to collapse and leaned forwards on her crutches, swaying.

One of the security guards came around and handed out ice cold water bottles to all of us, including the helpers who were taking the gifts we were given. We had asked for them to be shipped back to London after the event, because we couldn't take everything back with us.

"That was so tiring."

"Yeah, try having that at every single thing we do." She shrugged.

"Not my thing."

Louise was standing at the entrance to Vidcon when we went back out, hands on hips and scrolling through her phone. When we arrived she looked up, waving us outside.

The same group we had walked with that morning was waiting outside, only this time Stephanie and Mat were there too, hands intertwined together and chatting happily to Mark and Jack. I waved at them and all four of them waved back, Jay trying to not to trip over.

"That was the cutest freaking panel I think I've ever seen." Jack was grinning, his arms crossed over his chest.

"So what was your most embarrassing moment?" I opened my mouth to speak, but Dan clapped my hand over my mouth.

"No. Never mention it again."

"Are you sure? Everyone's gonna want to know now." My voice was full of mischief, and I knew it would come out sooner or later, whether Dan liked it or not.

"Yes and you will never tell anyone about that, or I will strangle you."

"I don't doubt it."

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was nice to collapse in our room again, Louise turned the television onto the news and left it there, going to get changed into some new clothes while Dan and I tried to push each other off the bed. Jay was sitting on the other bed, stretching her legs and watching us, her head going between the television and us.

"Mark and Jack have invited us to go out for dinner with them, apparently there's going to be a lot of others there too." Louise was back in the doorway holding her phone, where she must have gotten the notification from either of them.

"All good, but to be honest I don't really feel like going out, I'm exhausted."

"Dan, this is the only time you've seen them for ages, you can rest now and when you get back, don't leave them hanging." He sighed but nodded.

"Fine, but don't blame me if I fall asleep at the table." I groaned, knowing the chances of that happening because he had said it had almost doubled.

"I think I'll just stay here, that doesn't matter does it?" I looked over at Jay.

"No it doesn't matter, if you're tired just stay here." She sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"Thanks, I think I just want to sleep."