Chapter 12 ✰ Love Is The Secret Ingredient

Colin's pov

The ride to Jennifer's house was a quiet one. Despite the fact that we didn't say anything, the tension was tangible. Buckley tried to get our attention a few times from the back seat. He always liked Jennifer and nothing was changed.

I parked the car in front of her house and looked at her. She looked beautiful. I always knew she was, but lately I noticed it more and more. I smiled when she looked back at me. We got out of the car and walked with Buckley to her front door.

Jennifer put the key in the door as there was a soft barking from behind it. Jennifer laughed. 'Sorry, Ava is very enthusiastic'. Buckley also seemed to be very excited. She opened the door and Buckley rushed inside as if it were his own house.

'Sorry...' I murmured when Ava and Buckley ran through her house.

'Don't worry. They're having fun together, right?'

I nodded in agreement. 'Just like us' I said before I realized. My cheeks flushed red.

Jennifer smiled. 'Shall we start cooking?'

'You really don't want to order something, do you?' I laughed.

She shook her head. 'You think I can't cook, so I want to prove that I can do it'

'I never said tha...' I started, but she cut me off.

'No, but after 6 years I know how your head works.'

Jennifer put her stuff down and continued her way to the kitchen. I followed her. 'Shall I make us some pasta?' she asked.

'Sounds great! Tell me what I can do!' I said as she took the ingredients out of the cupboards.

'If you can cut the ingredients, I'll start cooking'

I did what she told me to do. I had to search through her kitchen, but finally I found a knife and a cutting board. Less than half an hour later a delicious smelling pasta was ready.

I raised my hand to give a high five. 'We did it!'

Jennifer laughed. 'You pretend like making a pasta is a victory'

'I mainly eat take-out food, so it's actually a victory' I said as I stared at my feet. I wasn't great at cooking and would never be.

'You only eat take-out?' she asked surprised.

'Mainly. Sometimes I cook, but there's nothing fun to cook for yourself'

She nodded understandingly. 'I recognize it. Maybe we should do this more often.'

'Sounds nice, Jen!'

I took a bite of the pasta and it tasted great. 'Wow, what's in this Jen?'

She laughed. 'You helped yourself, dork'

'No secret ingredient or something?'

She shrugged her shoulders. 'Love is the secret ingredient'

I swallowed. I couldn't tell if she was still talking about the food. We ate in silence.

'We can watch Netflix together if you want to?' she asked.

I nodded. It felt good to be with her. Since I moved here I noticed that I felt more lonely. Of course I have Buckley, but sometimes you just need human contact. On the set I have it continuously, but it would be nice to have someone at home. Someone to eat with, to talk to, to laugh with. You name it.

After clearing the table we moved to the living room. Buckley was stretched out on the couch, leaving only a small space. 'Buckley, move your ass!'

'Let him lie down. It doesn't matter to me. We have small butts, so that will fit the little spot.'

I laughed as I sat down on the couch. Jennifer walked over to me and sat down beside me. It was very tight. She laughed. 'Okay, maybe you're right'

I turned my head and stared at her. 'I think it's fine, actually' I said not louder than whisper.

She laughed and laid her head down on my chest. I could almost hear my own heartbeat.

'I like it this way'

She trembled and a little sigh escaped her lips.

'Cold?' I smiled as her gaze found mine.

She nodded. 'A little. I guess I'm more tired than I realized'

'If you want me to leave...'

'No, please stay!' she said as she patted my leg. The heat from her hand penetrated my jeans. Her touch was as comforting as I remembered. I surpressed a moan.

'You want something to drink?' she asked.

I shook my head. I was afraid to open my mouth and let out another sexual sigh that was treathening me. Besides that, I was also afraid that the tension would be gone when she got up.

I tried to keep myself together as I prayed my heartbeat would go back to normal. I would be in big trouble if my thoughts didn't slow down...

♥♥♥

A/N: 😏😏😏💥

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories