Chapter 31 ✰ Christmas Eve

Colin's pov

The high word was out. After six years of friendship, kissing on the set, helping each other through all the love drama and endless conversations we are now a couple. And weirdly enough it doesn't change anything between us. We are still crazy and are still laughing a lot and I'm happy about that. Your partner must also be your best friend and we are without any doubt.

She lay with her naked body against mine. I stroked her lower back with my fingers while her head rested on my chest. Since we were in Ireland, we were woken up every morning like this and it was the best thing ever. I have had a long relationship before Jennifer and I have never felt as good as I am now. I can be myself with Jennifer. The real me.

'What are you thinking about?' she whispered softly

I stroked her hair with my hand. 'I'm thinking about us'

She curled her fingers through my chest hair. Another thing that my ex-girlfriend hated and Jennifer had no problems with.

'I don't want this to stop'

I pressed a kiss on her head. 'Me neither'

She started to giggle. 'I really thought you were going to ask me to marry you'

'If I ask you to marry, it won't be on the couch while you're on top of me'

'I like being on top of you' she said as she crawled on top of me and pressed her body against mine.

I put my arms around her body to hold her closer to me. My face was buried underneath her blond locks.

We laid like that for a few hours until her stomach began to rumble.

'Let me make some breakfast for you' I said, pushing away the duvet.

She stopped me. 'Colin?'

'What's wrong?'

'I ... eh ... I like to be here with you'

I smiled disappointed. Some time ago she said she loved me, but that was only by accident. Jennifer still had trouble with expressing her feelings. I knew that this wasn't what she wanted to say.

'Me too' I said as I got out of bed.

'Colin...'

I turned around and faced her.

'I'm sorry'

I shook my head. 'Don't be. I understand.

I didn't want to make her feel bad, but actually I didn't understand. Of course she was hurt often, but I had the same problem. I went to the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast. After about ten minutes she came down in my favorite shirt. It just came over her buttocks.

My jaw dropped slightly when she came closer. She stopped to pick up something that caused the shirt to slide up a little. I had a beautiful view of her ass and realized she wasn't wearing panties.

'Jen...' I groaned

She walked over to me with a daring look on her face. 'Maybe you should turn off the heat' she said as she turned off the heat of the stove.

'Maybe you should turn off the heat, because I can't handle this' I answered as I pulled her toward me.

She giggled and slid her hands under my shirt. 'Maybe you should take this off then'

'Maybe you should do that.' She didn't wait a second longer. We satisfy our hunger for each other and the promised breakfast became an early lunch.

Later that afternoon it was time to go to my parental home. Jennifer looked beautiful in a black dress with lace and high heels. I didn't see her like that often, but it surprised me every time how good it looks on her.