Chapter 34 ✰ It's Not A Goodbye

Colin's pov

Find someone who makes you realize three things: one, that home is not a place but a feeling. Two, that time is not measured by a clock, but by moments. And three, that heartbeats are not heard, but felt and shared.

Jennifer's head was on my chest while she was fast asleep and it was the best feeling in the world. I wish I could explain her eyes and how the sound of her voice gives me butterflies. How her smile makes my heart skip a beat and how every time I'm with her feels so complete.

She slowly opened her eyes and a smile appeared on her face. 'Good morning, handsome' she said, barely a whisper.

'Good morning, beautiful'

Her cheeks flushed red as her smile became even bigger. 'You make me so happy'

I pulled her closer to me. 'Happiness looks gorgeous on you'

We cuddled like that for a while. Today was the day we had to travel back home. Josh and Ginny were throwing a new years eve party and they didn't accept no for an answer.

We went downstairs for our last family breakfast this year. There was a sad tension and especially my mom didn't say much. 

'Hey Jen, if your right leg is thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I visit you between the holidays?' Allen broke the silence

Jen laughed. 'You wish... and Christmas is over so you have to wait another year for that'

He fakes a dissapointed expression as his wife poked him with her elbow.

After breakfast it was time to leave. I said goodbye to my father and my brother and his family. My mom walked us to the door.

'Do you really have to go?' she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I wiped it away and pressed a kiss on her forehead. 'I'll be back as soon as I can' I promised her.

She turned to Jennifer. 'Please keep an eye on him'

She nodded. 'Of course. I'll make sure he's fine'

After a long hug with my mom I had to say goodbye for the next few months. I felt tears burning in my eyes as we stepped into the car.

Jennifer grabbed my hand. 'It's not a goodbye, it's a see you later'

I nodded. I knew she was right but I had to say goodbye to her at the airport too. She promised her parents to visit them between Christmas and new years eve. She wanted me to come with her, but the plane was already full. 

'I don't want to fall asleep or wake up without you' she whispered.

I grabbed her face between my hands. 'Call me in the middle of the night and tell me that you can't sleep without me'

She chuckled. 'It's just a few days. We can handle it'

I stared outside the window. I knew we could handle it, but it were going to be some though days without the reason I smile every single day.

We arrived at the airport 'Get home safe, okay?' I said as I pulled her in a hug. She nodded as she burried her face in the curve of my neck.

'I have to go' she said as she let go off me. She kissed me passionately and slowly walked away from me

'Jen...'

She turned on her heel and faced me. I walked over and pulled her in one last hug. 'I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, stay warm, have a good day, or sleep well what I am actually saying is I love you.' I whispered.

She pressed a kiss on my cheek. 'I love you too and I'll be back to you soon. I promise'

'Enjoy your trip love. I'll be there when you get home'

I kissed her one last time before she walked away. It felt like someone ripped out my heart. It was temporarily but I already missed her.

The flight to Vancouver seemed to take a very long time without company. Of course I had the movies to keep me occupied, but it was just a lot less fun without Jennifer's commentary on every scene. The director comes up in her in that kind of moments. I'm still glad that she made the decision to come back. Things had gone so differently if she hadn't. We weren't a predestined love story, but after all those years we're finally together and I didn't regret it for a moment.

I knew for sure that Jennifer was my soulmate. It's like best friends but more. It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. That someone who makes you a better person. No, actually they don't make you a better person. You do that by yourself because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone you carry with you forever. It's one person who knew you, accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you'll always love them and nothing could ever change that.

After what seemed like forever I finally arrived in Vancouver. I picked up an enthusiastic Buckley and went home. It didn't feel complete without Jennifer. 'It's only three days. No big deal. Behave like a man' I told myself.

I grabbed my phone to let her know that I arrived home safely.

'Me too! I wish you were here.'

'I miss you like an idiot misses the point'

'Dork! I miss you too. Give Buckley a hug for me and I see you in a couple of days! X'

A couple of days... it sounded like forever

♥♥♥

A/N: I started a new story with Colifer oneshots! Please check it out ☺️

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Wattpad account!

@ CaptainSwanStories