Chapter 51 ✰ With You I Have Everything

Colin's pov

I understand. I understand why people hold hands. I'd always thought it was about possessiveness, saying 'this is mine'. But it's about maintaining contact. It's about speaking without words. It's about I want you with me and don't go.

Jennifer is my best friend, my other half, my laughter and my sadness. She is my love, the warmth in my heart and the happiness behind my smile. That's exactly why I can't lose her, because if I ever lost her I would simply lose myself.

I woke up early the next morning. Jennifer was still sleeping, so I decided to unpack my suitcase. My life felt so unreal at the moment. If you told me last year that I would have a relationship with my best friend within a year and would marry her, I would have laughed. I would have laughed at you very, very loudly. Life can be strange and unpredictable, but I certainly don't complain.

I noticed a pile of bridal magazines on the table. I leafed through them and saw several wedding dresses. Some were circled and others had large crosses through them. Probably I wasn't even allowed to see this, but I was too curious.

Today we would pick the wedding rings. Jennifer knew a very good jeweler in the center of New York where she really wanted to buy them. Fortunately, we both wanted the same thing: beautiful but simple silver rings with an engraving on the inside. And to be honest, it's not about the rings, but about the commitment you are making to each other. The ring only symbolizes it.

I felt warm hands on my hips while a small body was pressed against mine. She pressed a kiss on my cheek. 'Good morning, handsome' she whispered.

'Goodmorning, sunshine. Did you sleep well?' I asked as I turned and looked at her.

'I always sleep well when you are lying next to me'

I grinned as my thoughts drifted off to yesterday. I had lost count of how many times we had sex, but I do know that it was amazing.

I pressed my lips to hers. 'Ready for a second round?'

She tapped me on the shoulder. 'I'm still sore from yesterday, so we won't do it anymore this week, O'Donoghue'

I pouted my lip. 'Maybe just not today?' I tried

'Perhaps... If you act like a good boy' she teased.

We had breakfast together and went to the center of New York. It was less crowded than I expected and I didn't mind it at all. The last thing I wanted was to be spotted with Jennifer while we were picking our wedding rings.

We entered the jeweler. When I looked in the first display, I was already startled by the prices. I wasn't in the position to complain about my salary, but I didn't earn as much as Jennifer.

'Jen, don't you think more than a thousand dollars is a bit expensive for a ring?'

She shook her head. 'We are going to carry them all our lives. They may cost quite a bit, right?'

I smiled faintly. I realized that a wedding was expensive, but for the prices of these rings you could organize a whole wedding. I looked at her and saw a huge smile on her face. I wrapped my arm around her. 'You really like them, don't you?'

She nodded, smiling. 'Since I was a little girl, I wanted to have a ring like that'

I pulled her against me and pressed a kiss on her hair. 'Then we pick these'

Her jaw dropped. 'Don't you think they're too expensive?'

'Yes they are, but it's your dream and we only experience this day once. We can do some crazy things, right?'

She pressed her lips on my cheek. 'I love you so much' she whispered. 'I love you too'

We ordered the rings that Jennifer had been dreaming about for years. It was an expensive buy, but I would do anything to make her happy. Together we stroddled through the streets of New York. I started to see why she liked this city so much. It was hectic, but it had its charm.

'Can't you sing during the party? I love your voice' she grinned

'But one thing is for sure, with you I have everything!' I sang, laughing

She laughed and wrapped her arm around my waist as I wrapped mine around her shoulder. 'A happily ever after, is the way these stories go!' we sang in unison

As we walked through the park towards her apartment, the sun began to shine. I grinned. 'How typical'

'What is typical?'

'We will always find the sun' I hummed

♥♥♥

A/N: It's a short chapter and I'm very aware of that. Why? Because guys, the end of this story is near and I want to postpone that moment as long as possible. It even hurts me to write this sentence... Tell me if you want a new Colifer story, a sequel on this one or if you want me to not write anything at all 😂😂 No, I'll never stop writing, but please let me know! 😘

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Wattpad account!

@ CaptainSwanStories