Chapter 24 ✰ Three Words, Eight Letters

Jen's pov

'Jennifer Morrison, will you marry me?'

My jaw dropped. I had been asked for marriage more often, but this time I was the most surprised. I was about to tell him what had happened between me and Colin and he asked me to marry him. HE ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM! I knew I had to answer him, but I wasn't able to produce any sound.

'I totally understand that I surprised you with this...' Aiden began

I nodded. 'Yeah you can say that...'

'Sorry, I understand if it's too soon for you. We don't have to marry right away, we can wait for a year or maybe two. Even longer if you want to.'

I shook my head. 'I don t know, Aiden'

'What don't you know?' he asked as he slowly got up.

'Whether I want to continue all this with you...'

'But things are going well between the two of us. I don't understand'

Something broke inside me. 'Things are going well with you. Not with me! I can't have a relationship with someone who has to go away on a business trip every week'

He sniffed. 'Says the woman who works sixteen hours a day'

'You knew that when you agreed to have a relationship with me. Your business trips came later'

He gave a hard slap on the table. I have never been afraid of him before, but this time I was. I had never seen him this angry.

'You're such an egoistic woman!' he yelled as he slapped the table again.

I felt the tears welling up in my eyes as he went on with his tirade. 'Which man on this earth is good enough for you, Mrs. Morrison?'

A tear rolled down my cheek. 'You don't have to say things like that to me...'

He grinned. In my eyes Aiden had always been the sweet, innocent man, but now I saw the other side of him and I didn't like it.

'The princess can't handle it?'

I had misjudged him. So damn misjudged. I played the role of a princess, but I was anything but a princess. I stood up and wanted to grab my stuff.

'What are you going to do?' he shouted angrily.

'I'm going away' I answered briefly. I didn't want him around me anymore.

'Where are you going to?'

'To Colin'

He rolled his eyes. 'What do you want from him?'

'To be honest, I want more with him than with you at this moment,' I sneered back. I ran up the stairs and noticed that he was coming after me. He grabbed my ankle, causing me to hit the stairs.

'S-sorry Jen, that should never have happened!' he stuttered. 'Are you alright?'

I shook my head. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Not because of the pain, but because of everything that had happened. 'If I come back tomorrow, you and your stuff will be gone. Understood?'

I rushed outside while the tears continued to roll down my cheeks. I didn't want to be alone with him for a minute longer.

Less than half an hour later, I was shivering and crying at Colin's door.

'Jen!' he yelled as he pulled me inside. 'What happened?' He took me in his arms. He felt warm and familiar. He felt solid and safe. I wanted to cling to his shirt, bury my face in the curve of his neck and never let him go.

We spent the rest of the evening together and talked. I told him that Aiden asked me to marry him, but I still couldn't believe what happened after that. I wanted to forget about it as soon as possible.

It felt good to stay with him. Not that I had another place to go to, but I loved to be with him. It felt so familiar to lay down in bed next to him. I stared at the ceiling of his bedroom. He's lying next to me and I'm half asleep wondering what I did to deserve this moment. What I did to deserve this man. While he's here next to me, breathing easily and fast asleep, all I can think about is what happened a few hours ago. Tears started to roll down my cheeks for the hundredth time that evening. The worst crying is when you're lying in bed, with your hand over your mouth so you don't make noise. The tears are running onto your pillow and your heart's breaking and you're thinking of everything that made you cry. Your other hand is on your heart because it hurt.

I felt his lips on my cheek causing my body to shiver. I felt his hand caressing my face. 'Don't cry for someone who killed your smile' he whispered.

'I don't want to cry' I sobbed.

He took me in his arms. His strong, warm arms which I desired the most right now. I burried my face in the curve of his neck as he stroked my hair.

'Jen.. There's one thing you may never forget' he started

'I will hold you up when you can't stand, I will wipe away your tears when you cry and I will fight for you when you give up. Whatever happens between us just don't forget that I'm always there for you.'

Now I knew for sure. Throughout life you will meet one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell them things and they won't judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don't ever let that person go. And Colin... He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire. Colin is my soulmate and I would never let him go.

'I love you' I whispered.

♥♥♥

A/N: Jen's pov about the break-up evening! Poor girl, but hey... she can be cute with Colin again! ❤️

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories