Chapter 53 ✰ The Day - Part 1

Colin's pov

When we are born, the soul we are given is split apart and half of it is given to someone else. Throughout our lives, we search for the person with the other half of our soul. Very few ever succeed.

I am blessed that we have met. In a sudden moment, warm within your loving glare, my soul said 'You've found your missing half!' 

When this happens, it is said we have found our soulmate. We are happy and at peace. When we shared ourselves, we were engulfed in eternity, dancing in a timeless universe. I am truly blessed because that day, my heart recognized you as a part of its own. 

Today was the big day. Our big day. Six years ago she walked into my life, I actually walked into her life, and since then we were inseparable. What started as a close friendship ended in so much more. Two people who do everything for each other. Two people who want to be together for the rest of their lives. Two people who are getting married today.

This morning we had already taken our wedding photos. We were both very nervous, but Jennifer's presence made it more bearable for me. The ceremony was about to begin. The room was full of family and friends and behind me was our good friend Christina Perri to sing the song for the ceremony.

She squeezed my hand gently. 'Are you nervous?'

I nodded and smiled faintly.

She smiled. 'You're the most beautiful couple I know. This day is over before you know it, so you have to enjoy it.' 

She stepped back and grabbed the microphone. She smiled at me one last time before she started the song. (A/N: you can play the video above this chapter if you want to! Makes it more real 😉) 

'Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow'

The door opened and Jennifer appeared with her father. She looked beautiful in her white wedding dress. Her hair was raised with a braid with pearls in it.

'One step closer'  Christina sang as Jennifer took a step closer to me.

'I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more'

The world stood still for a moment. It was just her and me in our bubble. The most beautiful smile in the world appeared on her face.

'Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything, take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more'

She reached the isle. Her father shook my hand, kissed Jennifer on her forehead and handed her over to me. It was like a movie, but it certainly wasn't a movie this time. This was our day, our moment, our wedding. She smiled as she grabbed my shaky hand and stepped on the isle.

'One step closer
One step closer

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more'

I nodded gratefully to Christina. The officiant smiled to us and coughed before he started his ceremony. 'Today is a celebration. A celebration of love, of commitment, of friendship, of family, and of two people who are in it for forever.' I peeked beside me and smiled at my mother who wiped a tear from her cheek. 

'You don't need a ceremony to have a marriage. And when you think about it, the whole thing is kind of weird, right? You're standing on a stage, looking fancy, holding flowers and being stared at by pretty much everyone who has meant anything to you in the past thirty-something years. So why do we do it? Why this moment?' 

He paused for a moment.

'Despite all of our differences, love is what we all share. No matter who we are, where we've come from, what we believe, we know this one thing: love is what we're doing right. That's why these two beautiful people are standing here. That's why all of you are here. Just to watch them stand up here. We have all loved in our lifetimes and in this moment, we're reminded that the ability to love is the very best part of our humanity.'

The officiant's gaze went through the crowd before he continued. 'All of us here have their own love stories. Some are short, others long. Some are yet unwritten, while others are just getting to the good part. There are chapters in all of these stories that are sad or disappointing and others that are exciting and full of adventure. Even though love is so incredible, words fail us when we try to explain it. That's just the way it is with love. It's meant to be felt, not described. So Jennifer, Colin told me about your little problem with your vow. Don't worry!' The crowd laughed and Jennifer gave me a fake-angry look but smiled eventually.

'But trying to describe love is one of our favorite things' he continued.  'We use the words we have to write stories, and poems, and songs about love. And even though we describe love in different ways and even though love can look different from one person to the next, we all know it when we see it. And we see it here, right in front of us.

So today, we have some words about what love is, coming from two people who are very much in love at this moment. Colin, Jennifer told me that she doesn't want to be first, so that makes you the first one to say your vow!' 

I swallowed. This was the moment and I felt like I could have a break down at any minute. I grabbed myself together and sighed. 'How can I explain my love to you when I have no barrier to feel your love? How can I tell everyone about my love to you when I have no words for your love? You taught me how to love and how it feels like to be loved again. You taught me that a lover can also be your best friends. My love for you is simple and deep with affections and every single day I'm so happy that I've met you and that you've stayed in my life. All I want is to be with you and to love forever.'

I slid the ring on her finger. She smiled as I saw the tears welling up in her eyes. 'Jennifer, you can say your vow' the officiant said.

She sighed as she stared into my eyes. 'Colin, loving you is something that comes easy from my heart and the reasons to love you more for your kindness. Your love keeps me strong and brighten me everyday and I can't be myself without you being close to me. You always hold me when I am feeling down and you always be there when I need you the most. All I want is to love you forever and to grow old with you.' 

She slid the ring on my finger. I needed to hug her. Just to hold her in my arms and enjoy the feeling of her body against mine. I wanted to hold her and never let her go.

'Jennifer and Colin, you have expressed your love to one another through the vows you just made. It is with these in mind that I pronounce you husband and wife. You have kissed a thousand times, maybe more, but today the feeling is new. You are no longer simply partners and best friends, you have become husband and wife and can now seal the agreement with a kiss. So today, your kiss is a promise. Colin, you may kiss the bride.'

I pressed my lips to hers. On the lips of the woman who was my best friend, my soulmate and my lover, but now also my wife. 

♥♥♥

A/N: Wedding vibes! Who's ready for the final 2 chapters? I'm not! 

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Wattpad account!

@ CaptainSwanStories