Chapter 45 ✰ An Old Friend

Colin's pov

I can't change what is done, I can't go back in time, I can't try to cange the hurt feelings or mend the broken hearts. All I can do is learn from my mistakes and hope I will never regret anything as much as I do now. I saw the sadness in her eyes but I didn't know what to say. I couldn't think of anything to say that would take her pain away so I kept on saying in my head, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

The truth is that I really regret what I did. It felt like the right thing to do at that moment, but I should have known better. She had the right to know the truth, no matter how hard it is. It could have made her grief easier, but it also could have made it so much worse. I did things out of love for her. She had so much pain at the time that I couldn't handle it to hurt her even more by let her read his letter. Maybe I should have destroyed it, but I couldn't do it and actually I'm glad I did not.

I arrived on the set early in the morning. It's been two weeks since Jennifer left me. I have no idea if we are still together or if she even wants to be. The last two weeks felt very uncommon. Of course I saw her on the set, but nothing like we were before. I parked my car and walked towards my trailer where my makeup artist was waiting for me. An hour later I was transformed into Killian Jones and walked towards the set.

'Good morning!' I said when I walked towards Josh and Jennifer

'Irish man, you're finally here!' Josh shouted enthusiastically as he patted me on the shoulder. Jennifer smiled but said nothing.

Josh sighed. 'I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but do something about it.'

'Silence on the set!' a crew member shouted as we took our positions.

'Cameras are running! Action!'

The scene was emotionally pretty intense. Killian would almost die in front of Emma's eyes, again. A knife was pressed on my throat.

'Killian, no!' Jennifer shouted

'Emma, don't! You can't help him. Please think about the baby' I heard Josh say

'Well, Captain, what is it going to be. Your life or the savior's?'

Jennifer shook her head. 'Please...' she begged as tears ran down her cheeks.

I smiled faintly. 'Take care of her' I said as I nodded to her belly.

'Killian, don't do it. We find another way'

'We both know that there is no other way, love'

'Please...' she tried, sobbing

'My life' I said to answer the question

'Is she really worth your life, pirate?'

I chuckled. 'She's tough. She tries to hide it. She's difficult. But if you make an effort, she is worth it. She's worth every bit of effort and I'm willing to give my life for her' I said as Killian but I actually meant every word of it. Jennifer was worth it.

The last thing I heard was yelling and sobbing. At least, that's what the script said. I grabbed my throat and fell on my knees.

'Cut! Add some blood on him' the director commanded

My make-up artist added some make-up and fake blood to make it look as real as possible. 'Your face is so wonderful to work with. Even fake blood looks good on you' she said laughing as she stood up. I smiled, but felt someone looking at me. I looked up and looked straight into Jennifer's eyes. She blushed and quickly turned her head away. I clearly felt the affection.

'Everyone in his position again!'

She ran to me and pulled my upper body slightly upwards. 'Killian...'

I caressed her face while I moaned in pain. 'Emma...'

She kissed my forehead. 'Please, I can't do it without you'

I can't live without you, my head said. 'You are strong, Swan'

'I'm not strong without you' she said in tears as she slid her hand over my throat. In real life it looked strange, but with the special adaptations for the magic it looked much more realistic

She pressed her lips on mine. A feeling I had missed for a long time. I slightly opened my mouth and slid my tongue over her lips. She shuddered, but she didn't push me away.

'Cut!'

'What did you do?' she whispered annoyed

'I'm sorry. I thought...'

'You thought what? That you could let your tongue slid into my mouth after what you did?'

'Jen...'

'No, Colin!' She stood up and walked off the set.

Josh walked over to me. He gave me a hand and helped me to my feet. 'What is going on?'

'She's mad at me'

Josh rolled my eyes. 'I didn't know that yet, thanks'

'I hid something for her that I should never have done. She probably never forgives me '

He tapped me on the shoulder. 'You know Jen. She loves you. It will be okay'

I shrugged my shoulders. 'I have no idea what else I can do. I have tried everything'

'I know something. I heard from Ginny that she is going out for dinner tonight with Rose. Why don't you surprise her during that dinner? Show that you care about her. Women love that'

I nodded in agreement. 'You're right. Thanks mate'

Josh questioned Ginny about Jennifer's appointment. He found out where she was going to eat and what time. Ginny was also not allowed to know anything, because she probably couldn't keep her mouth shut. I knew she was going to eat around six at her favorite Italian. I had a shooting day until eight, so I could be at the restaurant just before she left.

After the last scene I hurried myself to my trailer. I quickly changed clothes and picked up the flowers I had bought for her and the letter I wrote. The eyeliner was still on my eyes, but I didn't care. I had to go to Jennifer. The traffic was horrible, but I was at the restaurant by 8.30 am.

I got out of the car with the flowers and saw her just come out of the restaurant. As expected, she wasn't alone. Josh told me she was going to eat with Rose, but this was definitely not a woman. I immediately recognized Sebastian. My breath stopped in my throat. I swallowed hard.

They walked out laughing.

'Jen. I missed this' I heard him say

'Me too' she admitted.

He smiled and bent forward to kiss her.

♥♥♥

A/N: All those references again... I'm sorry, but I just enjoy them too much 😂 Loves, I also want to let you know that I haven't been to school for half a year. Next week I will start again. I'm really looking forward to it, but it also means that I have less time to write. I have no idea how often I will update, but I try to do it at least twice a week. Thanks for understanding and I love you all!

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Wattpad account!

@ CaptainSwanStories