Chapter 38 ✰ Baby Talk

Jen's pov

The weeks after New Year's Eve went very well between the two of us. The hiatus was over and we went back to work. The chemistry between the two of us was better than ever before. Although we still use the well-known movie kiss, there was certainly more passion than before.

Today, January 26th, it's Colin's birthday. Josh and I had been preparing something for weeks. We wanted to throw a surprise party for him with all his friends and colleagues. As an even bigger surprise, his brother and parents came to Vancouver. During the day we had the difficult task of pretending we had forgotten about his birthday. Something that's difficult for such a friendly person as Colin.

'Good morning, beautiful' he whispered as he pulled me against him.

I pressed a kiss on his cheek. 'Good morning, birthday boy!' I couldn't totally ignore the fact that it was his birthday. Furthermore, I paid little attention to it. I thought it was terrible, but the party tonight would make up for everything.

After breakfast we went towards the set. It was incredibly cold and we had scenes outside today. I had my beanie and mittens on and five layers of clothing under my coat. I felt like a penguin and I probably looked like that too.

Colin grinned as I stepped into the car. 'If there is a blizzard, then you're prepared in any case. Can you still move or do you want me to roll you?'

'Wait until we are outside for hours. You will regret it.'

'Maybe you forgot about it, but I wear a coat with the weight of a goat.'

I laughed as I rolled my eyes. His humor was incomprehensible sometimes, but strangely enough he was always funny. He drove us towards the set where an enthusiastic Josh was already waiting for us.

'The dream couple!' he yelled when we got out. He embraced us and we continued our way towards the trailers. Since Colin and I were officially together, we practically shared a trailer. Actually, we already did that when we were just friends.

He opened the door to his trailer. I plopped down on his couch while he made coffee. After a few minutes he handed me a cup of steaming black coffee.

'You've survived with me for a month' he said as he plopped down next to me. The coffee splashed over the edge. 'Fuck!'

I laughed. 'You're so clumsy'

He tried to clean his blouse with a cloth. 'Tell me something new, Morrison.' When I wasn't paying attention, he pushed the cloth in my face.

'Colin! That's so gross!' I screamed

He laughed as he threw the cloth into the corner of his trailer.

An hour later we were on the set. It seemed even colder than earlier this morning. Colin had put on his coat over Hook's leather jacket. Between the scenes we did everything to stay warm. Sprinting, jumping, cuddling, you name it.

At the end of the day we finally got to go inside for our scene with the Captain Swan baby. I had little experience with children, but with babies even less. Colin seemed to be a natural. He held her in his arms and rocked her back and forth. I realized it was a scene, but it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

I was in Emma and Killian's bed. It was early in the morning and he had to leave the bed to check on the baby. The only thing he wore was a pair of trousers.

'Hey, little one' he said softly as the baby made babbling sounds. My heart made a leap.

I pretended to wake up. A big smile appeared on my face.

'Good morning, love' he said

I tapped next to me on the bed. He took the baby and laid it between us. For a moment it felt like the perfect family. I could easily separate scenes and reality, but I really wanted this to be real.

'She's perfect ... Just like her mother' he whispered as his eyes shifted from the baby to me.

It wasn't in the script, but it felt like the right moment. I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him. 'I love you, C... Killian.' I corrected myself just in time.

'I love you too'

'Cut!' the director interrupted. 'You guys are awesome! We're done for today.'

The crew slowly left the set, while Colin buttoned his blouse on the edge of the bed. I approached him from behind and wrapped my arms around him. 'You're so cute with a baby'

He smiled and pecked a kiss.

'Would you ever want it?'

He raised his eyebrow. 'A baby?'

I nodded.

'Yes. I always said that I wanted children before I was thirty, but, as you can see, that didn't succeed so I changed it into fourty. Do you want children?'

I rested my head on his shoulder. 'Yes, but it never felt good enough in a relationship'

He caressed my face. 'I hope it ever feels good enough for you'

'It feels good when I'm with you' I pressed a kiss on his jaw. His stubble tickled my lips. 'What names would you give your children?'

He raised his eyebrow again and thought for a moment. 'Colin Junior and Jennifer Junior will do'

'I was thinking about Emma and Killian' I rebounded sarcastically

He laughed. 'I honestly never thought about names. I know that I want children, but I want to enjoy you for a little longer'

I stared at him. 'So you do want to have children with me?' I asked a little surprised.

He curled his fingers through my hair. 'Of course I want that. We may have been officially in a relationship for only a month, but we have been together for much longer. It doesn't feel like you are just another person. You are the love of my life, Jen.'

♥♥♥

A/N: I would like to keep updating (almost) daily, but I notice that it sometimes is getting too much for me. I'm a bit lost with this story at the moment. It takes longer and longer for a chapter to finish and I have the feeling that it's getting boring to read. Sometimes I just don't know where to go with the storyline and sometimes my mind explodes with ideas...

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Wattpad account!

@ CaptainSwanStories