Chapter 29 ✰ Truth Or Dare

Colin's pov

Of course, we did everything except packing our bags. A few hours before departure, we threw everything in our suitcases. The forgotten stuff we could always buy in Ireland.

Jennifer was ready in the hallway with her suitcase. I laughed as I walked downstairs and saw her standing at the door. 'Someone wants to leave' I said as I pressed a kiss on her forehead.

She nodded. 'I just want to get away from here and Ireland seems great to me'

I stroked her hair. 'We're going to make it a unforgettable time'

She smiled as she buried her face in the curve of my neck. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer to me.

'Shall we go?' I asked

She nodded as she stared at me. 'I don't want anything more than that'

I pressed another kiss on her forehead and brought the suitcases to the car. My suitcase was even bigger than Jennifer's. I was used to traveling back and forth to Ireland, but you could clearly see that she was much better in limited packing.

Once at the airport we were not recognized by passengers. We checked in and paid a visit to our shared love: Starbucks

The flight would last a little more than 12 hours in total. I liked traveling, but I thought it was terrible if you had to be for more than 6 hours on a plane. Fortunately, it was for a good cause. I couldn't wait to see my family again and to show Jennifer more of Ireland. Ideally, I would move back after Once Upon A Time, but deep down I knew that wasn't a smart step for my career. Ireland is a wonderful country to live in, but for the real big acting you have to be in the United States.

The flight went better than expected. We had a row for ourselves and a place with lots of legroom. Normally I made this trip alone, but it was much more fun to be able to watch a movie and listen to music together with someone.

I looked aside and saw that Jennifer had fallen asleep. I tried to stay awake. I knew how terrible those jetlags can be when you travel to Europe or from Europe to the United States. Maybe I should have told her, but on the other hand she needed her sleep too. After all, we didn't have much sleep the last few nights, if you know what I mean.

The last couple of hours I read from the book what Jennifer had bought for me. I was never so fond of reading, but I must admit that her enthusiasm has kindled me. I never went beyond the books of Harry Potter, but I now know that there are more good writers than just J.K. Rowling.

I felt her head on my shoulder. 'Can't you sleep?' she asked sleepily.

I intertwined my fingers with hers. 'Yes, but I will regret it when we have landed'. I looked at the screen in front of me and saw that it would only take more than 2 hours. I no longer felt my legs because of the long sitting in the same position. Jennifer clearly had no problems with that. She had raised her legs and claimed the empty seat in our row with her legs.

Her head was still on my shoulder, while she had fallen asleep again. I stroked her face with my fingers and rested my head against hers. Eventually I also fell asleep.

Late in the afternoon we landed at Dublin airport. While I waited for our suitcases, Jennifer arranged a taxi to Drogheda. It was only a half hour drive, but it seemed to take a long time.

Jennifer's mouth fell open as we drove up the driveway of my house. 'Gee, Colin ... why did you never say how beautiful it is?'

I scratched my ear. I never had a bad time when it comes to money, but I was always a bit embarrassed about the size of my house. I knew very well that it wasn't normal for most people.

I opened the front door and it immediately felt like home again. Unfortunately Buckley wasn't with us, because a trip like this is a lot of stress for a dog. He stayed with friends in Vancouver for the upcoming weeks. He was there for me during the lonely days and he will always be very special to me.

'I understand that you didn't like to move from this place!' she yelled enthusiastically

I smiled uncomfortably. 'That didn't have much to do with the house. I just miss the people and the environment.'

She winked. 'I only tease you a bit'

After a short tour through the house we drank something together at the kitchen table. We both didn't feel like cooking, so we ordered a pizza. After a lot of wine and lots of chatter, Jennifer suggested to play truth or dare.

'Truth or Dare?' she asked

'Ehh... truth' I started safely. The fatigue in combination with alcohol in my body didn't seem to me like the ideal basis for a dare.

'How many bed partners did you have?'

I almost choked in a sip of wine. 'You start with the easy questions, aren't you?' I said sarcastically. Not that I was ashamed. For a man of almost the end of 30 I was pretty neat.

'Ten' I guessed.

She nodded. 'You are such a good boy'

I rolled my eyes. 'Your turn. Truth or Dare?'

'Dare' she answered almost immediately.

I knew Jennifer for years and this was certainly not the first time we played this game. Meanwhile I knew that she always started with dare.

'Pull out a garment of your choice'

She smiled. 'Is that all you've got Mr. Irish?' She stood up and uncluttered her bra. Then she pulled it out and threw it in my direction. I felt my cheeks flushing red.

'Truth or dare?' she asked as she sat down again.

'Dare'

'Pull out a garment of your choice' she repeated mine.

I smiled cheekily and pulled her towards me. I slid my hands under her shirt as I slowly pulled it out.

'Not a garment from me!'

'You never said it should be mine'

She laughed as she wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips to mine.

♥♥♥

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories