♡ the ball・[e]

[ 17 ]

you slipped on your high heels. beautiful, blue, glossy, shoes which you adored. you loosened up your curls that rested on your back.

you headed downstairs as you opened the door, greeted by ethan. holding a batch of red roses against his handsome suit.

"y/n, you look beautiful." he whispered with a smile.

"thank you, ethan. are these for me?" you asked looking down at the roses.

"indeed. cliché, but they are still gorgeous, just like you."

you chuckled before putting them in a vase. you both headed out and walked to the ball. he kept giving you compliments which made your heart flutter.

you didn't even know how you got him, but you did. and that's all that mattered. you finally headed to the palace, holding hands with ethan.

as you went into the beautiful room, you see couples already dancing. the way the lights were dimmed and the tall windows showed everyone's reflection was just mesmerizing.

everyone stopped dancing when they saw you and ethan walk down the velvet stairs. your dress moving in a beautiful swift motion that made everyone intrigued.

a song that you never heard before started to play which made ethan smile at you. he got lost into your eyes. he loved seeing your eyes sparkle whenever you made eye-contact.

"may i have this dance, babygirl?" he asked before giving out his hand.

you nodded. letting him grab your waist softly. you moved in sync, going back and fourth. you rested your head on his shoulder, closing your eyes.

"y/n." he whispered.

his voice sent shivers down your neck. you just wanted hear him talk all day. you never got tired of it.

"mmhm?" you answered.

your eyes were still shut. the music and the tone of his voice was just so soothing.

"I love you." he stated.

"i love you too, ethan." you replied, both of you still moving to the calming music.

"no, no you don't." he whispered, you didn't hear him.

you hummed to the music, your head still rested on Ethan's broad shoulder.

"i never want to stop dancing with you." you softly said. he didn't respond.

"ethan?" you asked.

you opened up your eyes. not seeing ethan in-front of you.

in fact, you looked around, seeing you were in the woods, alone. it was dark and cold.
you were just wearing your pajamas.

"ethan!?" you yelled.

"once upon a dream.." you whispered to yourself.

-🍑-
lmao that was so cringe