♡ too late・[e]

[ 26 ]

"you got this y/n, you got this." you whispered to yourself, smiling to yourself through the mirror.

you tightened your high ponytail and applied some mascara. ethan recently asked you to hang out at his house and you were nervous yet so excited.

you went downstairs and walked out of your house, hopping into your car. ethan lived pretty close to you so it took you around five minutes to arrive.

you finally got to ethan's house, causing even more emotions to stir throughout your body. you took deep breaths, you knew it would be just fine.

you walked down the little path to the door, quietly knocking on it but enough for him to hear it. ethan opened up the door, smiling.

"y/n, you made it!" he said, pulling you into his warm embrace.

"of course i did." you replied, keeping your cool even though your crush was hugging the living crap out of you.

"oh, sorry." he said, noticing the hug was a little longer than it should have, "come in, let's go downstairs to the basement."

you nodded, walking into his gorgeous home. it truly was beautiful. so modern & organized. he definitely grew up in a wealthy family.

as you headed to his basement, you heard grayson grunting and sighing. you were confused but saw he was just playing mario-kart with their older sister, cameron.

"hey guys, this is-" ethan attempted to say but was shortly cut off by grayson.

"y/n, yes i know ethan, she also goes to my school." he laughed before standing up and hugging you.

"hi y/n. i'm cameron, their older sister. I've heard a lot about you." she said.

"you have?" you asked, dumbfounded.

"yeah, ethan al-" she said.

"ha, ha, ha. Cameron.. with her jokes. now uhm how about you both go upstairs." ethan said, pushing them up the stairs.

after they left, you two sat on the soft couch, playing an intense game of mario-kart.
in the middle of the game, you had to go pee.

"uhm, where's your bathroom?" you politely asked.

"oh, right over there." he replied.

you nodded and walked over there, trying to be as casual as possible.

while you were in the bathroom, your phone got a notification, which was on the couch ethan was sitting on.

he didn't want to invade your privacy but it was killing him to know who texted you. he sighed, turning on your phone with guilt in his eyes.

josh
hey y/n. last night was amazing. i already miss you❤️ we need to do that soon please. text me back when you can, love you.

ethan's heart shattered into a million pieces. the girl she loved apparently already had a boy to love.

so many thoughts filled his depressing mind. mostly about him regretting not telling you how he truly felt.

he regretted not kissing you when he had the chance.

"hey, I'm back!" you said, running into the couch.

ethan just responded with a slight nod. you could sense something was wrong.

"are you okay? what's wrong?" you questioned.

"oh, nothing. i am fine." he said with a fake smile across his face.

you looked down at your phone, reading your text. you smiled down at your phone. ethan noticed and his heart broke even more, if it was possible.

he saw your thumbs move back and fourth, he knew you were texting that josh kid.

"i am sorry, but i really have to go meet with someone. but, this was really fun ethan. see you at school?" you said.

"ya, totally." he said.

you smiled, walking upstairs. you headed into your car, on your way to your cousin, josh's house.

you were as happy as you can be, you hung out with ethan and now you were going to hang out with your cousin you never get to see.

although you felt joy, ethan felt the complete opposite. cries and sobs coming from him.

grayson runs downstairs, wanting to know everything that happened.

"bro, tell me everything! did you tell her you-" his smile dropped, seeing his twin brother with tears streaming down his face.

"what happened?!" he asked worriedly.

"t-the girl I love, is in love with someone e-else." he whispered, "I'm too late."

-🍑-
this imagine probably confused you
but basically they both love each other
secretly and ethan invited her over to finally
tell her his true feelings but he saw the text
from her cousin and thought it was like her
Boyfriend or something