♡ yearbook・[g]

-🍑-

it was the last period class of the year. we all had our yearbooks out, passing them around as they got signed by everyone.

"y/n, can you sign mine?" cameron asked, holding out his yearbook, which was full of signatures. i nodded taking it.

as i bit off the cap of my blue pen, i began to write the usual, boring, short yet sweet stuff i wrote — have a great summer! love, y/n.

i quickly gave him back his yearbook as he did the same. i looked around the classroom, noticing grayson sitting in the corner alone.

my eyebrows furrowed as i felt pity for him. he doesn't really talk to anyone anymore after the incident with his brother. he sadly died to cancer over a year ago.

people called him a nerd, weirdo or a freak because he still tries to talk to ethan. he thinks, maybe ethan is still here. maybe, he can have his brother back. (the teARs man)

i slowly walked up to him. he looked up at me, and thats when i noticed how much his eyes sparkled. "hi, i'm y/n." i greeted him with a soft smile. i pulled up a chair by his desk.

"y-yeah, i know who you are

"y-yeah, i know who you are." he replied. i realized how he didn't really like making eye contact and i was fine with that. i wanted him to feel comfortable around me.

"can i sign your yearbook?" i cooed. he tried to not look up at me, but i saw a little smile form on his face. his cheeks turned a blush pink.

he nodded, "sure, if i can w-write in yours?" he suggested. he finally looked up to me with a full smile, a smile i wanted to see everyday.

he gave me his yearbook, i opened it to see no signatures, nothing. just white pieces of paper.

"am i the first person to sign it?" i wondered.

"uh, yeah. well, y-you were the only person to ask m-me." he mumbled.

i started to write my heart out on his yearbook. i wanted him to know he wasn't alone. that there are people out there who care for him.

"i'm done! here you go, grayson." i exclaimed. he smiled scanning the paper which was now full of heart-filled words.

"a-and here's yours." he muttered. i thanked him, about to open it up but he quickly stopped me.

"wait, don't read it yet. p-please." he pleaded. i put my hand over his, giving him an assuring smile.

the bell finally rung, everyone cheering that it was now summer break. i grabbed my backpack walking away.

yet, i quickly turned around to grayson who was still sitting down looking at me with saddened eyes.

"you coming?" i asked. his frown turned into a smile as he giggled. he quickly grabbed his backpack and ran out of the class with me.

we walked out of school together, hand in hand. everyone's eyes were on us, people whispering but i didn't care.

"well, there's my mom

"well, there's my mom. I'll see you soon, i promise." i gushed. he nodded his head vigorously. i gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and he blushed.

I walked up to my mom's car, turning around and waving to him one last time. "have a good summer, grayson." i said. he smiled to me, waving.

i jumped into the car as she drove off. i scrimmaged through my backpack to take out my yearbook. i flipped through the pages to find what grayson wrote.

y/n,
thank you for everything you have done. maybe.. we can hang out over break? only if you want to! i mean, i really want to but you probably already know that. anyway, please have an amazing summer. i love you. frick, am i even allowed to say that? oh my god, I'm so awkward. you know what? it's true so I'll say it again. i love you. i love you a lot.
p.s. you're really cute.
-grayson ツ

-🍑-