♡ thoughts・[g]

[ 21 ]

it was a chilly night, almost christmas. you were so excited because it was your favorite holiday, but also grayson will get a break from work for a little while. (a/n: sorry if you don't celebrate christmas, I don't😅)

you were on the couch in the living room, wearing a comfy christmas sweater. although you were alone, watching the notebook made you cry and you were glad grayson didn't get to see.

as you put some buttery popcorn in your mouth, you hear the door slam shut. you turn around to see a side of grayson you've never seen before.

he was full of mixed emotions. your heart broke by seeing him in this state of sadness. he threw his things on the floor and walked upstairs.

"grayson? baby?" you asked before following him.

he never ignored you. he always gave you so many loving kisses when he came home from work. you followed him into your guys' bedroom.

"cmon what's wrong?" you sincerely asked.

you quickly grabbed his arm softly, causing him to show his face. he was facing down, but you could see the tears streaming down his face.

"awe, baby, come here please." you said before pulling him in your embrace.

he held your waist, his head berried in your neck. sobs now coming from his mouth. it crushed you.

"i-i am just done.. with everything, y/n." he muffled.

"i hate work. i am so stressed. i never see you anymore now that I have started this job. i never get to kiss you, never get to talk for hours. we never get to cuddle at night because you are already sleeping when i come home.." he added.

"baby, it will get better I promise." you said, trying to cheer him up.

yet, he was right. ever since he started his job, you never get time alone. he comes home super late due to his boss. you never get time to have a movie night or just the little things you both love to do.

he worked all day, every day, non-stop and you could mentally feel all of his stress.

you kissed with all the lust you had in you. he kissed back, even more passionate. his tears still rolling down his cheeks.

you pull back, giving him a kiss on the cheek. you finally saw a small smile on his face and his cheeks got red.

"Aww, i see that smile!" you said.

he laughed, fiddling with his fingers, but he suddenly looked like he had an idea.

"y/n.." he whispered.

"yes?"

"there are reasons why I have been working so late.. coming home around one in the morning each night." he said looking down.

your heart sunk. was he cheating on you? that was your only thought. why else would he never be home? you started to hyperventilate.

"grayson.. wh-what does this mean?" you said.

"i wanted to tell you for so long but I needed a good time." he replied.

tears started to escape from your eyes.

he had a worry look across his face. he ran out of the room and quickly came back.

he went down on one knee, you gasped.

"y/n y/m/n y/l/n, i love you. i love you so so much. words do not describe how much I think about you everyday. at work, all I think about is just cuddling with you. i think about having so many kids with you. i think about growing old with you. i really don't know how i got lucky with you, but I did. and, I am never going to stop loving you. i remember the first day i saw you, high school. you were a freshman and i was a nerdy sophomore. it was love at first sight. i never saw anyone more perfect. of course it was young love but then i had the guts to ask you out and you said yes. and look at us now. in our 20's and are love has only got stronger. so, y/n.. will you marry me?" he asked with the biggest smile on your face.

-🍑-