♡ smile・[e]

inspired by jim and pam
from the office
-🍑-

the bright blue sky suddenly turned grey, as rain started to fall down on the white tent. y/n admired the rain but she didn't want this to ruin her wedding.

he stood there. he had a speech prepared and he wanted to say it right then and there. he panicked, quickly grabbing a fork and hitting it four times on the glass.

they all turned around to look at him and that's when he started right at her.

"e-everyone, i want to make a toast." he said.

she held onto her husband a little tighter as she saw her best friend walking out of the tent to get poured on. she chuckled a little to herself. he was always such a goof.

he reached out his hands and looked up, letting the rain fall onto him. "if you all don't know, i am deeply in love with rain." he giggled. the crowd laughed.

"i-i first wanted to say congratulations. congratulations to y/n and r/b/n." he said. he noticed she gave him a little kiss when he said those words. he awkwardly coughed.

"y/n, i am so happy for you." he smiled. at this moment, he was thankful that no one could tell if it were tears or just the rain gliding down his cheeks.

"i-i remember.. the third grade. i was by myself on the swings while everyone was with their friends. you knew i was new and i was shy. but, you still walked up to me and y-you stood by my side. that's, that's when i knew you were going to be my best friend forever." he admitted.

"and then fifth grade came around. oh god, when i started to have a crush on you. you didn't know and i wanted to keep it that way because i knew you only liked me as a best friend. i-i remember knowing that i would rather keep it a secret if you were h-happy." he added, his voice cracking at the last of his words.

"s-sorry, i'm getting carried away. that's really all i have anyway." he lied. he sighed, looking down at the crumbled soaked piece of paper filled with all his thoughts and love towards her.

"to y/n and r/b/n!" he cheered, lifting up his champagne glass. everyone repeated.

she looked at him before leaning in to kiss her new husband. and he smiled. that's all he ever did.

smile through the pain.

-🍑-
what a FLOp