♡ second chance・[g]

this song works
so well w this
-🍑-

you walked into the coffee shop which you went to everyday, it was a daily routine for you. ordering your usual, a caramel macchiato.

after they gave you your drink, you sat down at a table. tonight was a rather bright one by the moon shining through the tall glass windows.

yet, that didn't stop it from raining. but, you loved the rain. it showed that the world cried too. (that was so fucking cringey lmao)

the bell rang, indicating someone came in. you looked up from your hands, seeing him. you didn't expect to see him again.

he didn't have the mesmerizing smile he used to have on him. no, he looked drained and dull. as if the life was sucked out of him. he was drenched from the rain.

it has been a couple years since your
divorce with grayson — you haven't seen him since then.

"hi, can i have a double shot expresso." grayson rasped at the barista. he took out his wallet as he looked around the café.

and that's where he met eyes with yours. he was in shock, dropping his wallet as he froze in his place.

you didn't know what to do. so, you began to walk out – it was the best for the both of you.

"y/n, wait please!" grayson shouted from behind you. his hair was a wet mess and he looked like he was needed of sleep badly.

"what, grayson?" you blurted.

"god, i missed your voice so much." he whispered, coming closer to you.

"and, i missed you. I've been
craving your body." he added.

he was now only inches away from you, you examined his dark circles which formed under his eyes.

"no, you can't say that. we have been divorced for over two years now." you argued.

his breath was uneven as he lifted your arm up, scanning your hand. you gave him a confused expression.

"what are you doing?" you asked. he looked at you before dropping your hand which fell to your side. a smile finally shown on his face.

"you aren't wearing a wedding ring. you didn't get re-married?" he questioned.

"no, i didn't. did you?" you responded. he quickly shook his head, still with that smile that you truly missed seeing everyday.

"you look so tired grayson, what happened?" you said, trying to sound as nice as possible. an annoyed chuckle escaped from his lips.

"you. you is what happened. you left me and i am nothing without you." he confessed.

"grayson.." you said. he grabbed
your hands, kissing your knuckles.

"of course i'm not saying to get married again. but, all i want is a second chance. to start a new page." he pleaded.

"i don't think i can, grayson. really, i think it's too hard to act like we weren't toxic for one another." you replied.

"oh no, we weren't toxic. baby, we just made stupid decisions! a couple years is a lot of time change into a better person." he confessed.

"you're are right. but-"

"please. i want to give you all the love in the world because you deserve it. I'll do anything for you to be happy. i missed you and i need you, so badly." he begged.

"second chance, please?" he said, tucking a strand of hair out of your face.

"a second chance." you stated, smiling.

-🍑-

-🍑-