♡ my future・[e]

ethan's pov
inspired by 17 again
-🍑-

the bright, stadium lights were bright. people filling up the benches, the moon shining bright in the dark sky.

"dolan, come over here!" mr. jacks yelled from across the field. i ran over to him.

"yeah coach?" i asked. he put his arm on my shoulder.

"this game means a lot. you are our star quarterback, which means i need you to make great plays! are you ready?" he said.

"yes, i got this, no worries." i reassured him.

"that's what i like to hear, now go practice your throws. the game is starting soon." he insisted.

i nodded, running back to my teammates.

"you excited?" grayson asked.

"yeah." i sighed, looking at the crowd. grayson noticed.

"don't worry, she will come." he said. grayson always tried to cheer me up.

"i hope. she's my good luck charm." i cooed, scratching the back of my neck.

the other team finally arrived and the seats were full. i took off my helmet, trying to find
y/n in the large crowd.

and there she was, front row. we locked eyes and i smiled at her, waving. she blew me a kiss. i quickly ran over to her

"hey, i'm so glad you're here. i am so nervous for this game. this is my future!" i said before giving her a peck on the lips.

"oh, yeah, of course." y/n said. she seemed a little off. her smile quickly dropped while she looked down. i bent down, trying to get her to give me eye contact.

"ya, so everything is cool right?" i asked.

"yeah! everything is totally perfect." she replied, smiling.

"totally?" i asked.

"totally." she bluntly said.

"dolan, cmon, the game is starting!" the coach shouted.

"alright, i gotta go." i said, before giving her a quick kiss.

i walked back, about to put my football helmet on. i turned around, "i love you!" i said.

she nodded in return. i ran back to her, holding her hands.

"you okay?" i said, worriedly.

"uh, w-we can talk about it later." she insisted.

"no, please tell me."

"ethan, it's your big night, now go. enjoy it." she demanded.

"i can't enjoy it, unless you tell me what's wrong." i admitted. she looked into my eyes.
i started to become scared.

"okay.. ethan, i'm pregnant." she whispered. my heart dropped. i couldn't comprehend was was happening. like everything around me stopped.

"get in the game, ethan!" mr. jacks screamed, signaling me to get on the field. i put my helmet on.

"32-blue, set, hike!" i yelled. all my teammates started to run.

the cheers and claps started to fade. everything around me was blurry.

i looked at my surroundings. the other team charging towards me. i tried to look for y/n in her seat, but she was gone.

i turned and she was on her way out. she gave me an apologizing frown.

and when i looked at her, that's when it started to become more clear. i threw the football on the ground, running to her.

"dolan, what are you thinking?" mr. jacks shouted.

i finally caught up with her. pants slipping from my mouth but it was worth it.

"ethan! oh my god, no. what are you doing? go back to the gam-"

i smashed my lips against hers. she relaxed and started to kiss back, with passion and lust. i smiled into the kiss.

i grabbed her waist, causing her to come closer to me. i cupped her face, deepening the kiss. we finally pulled back and we were both out of breath.

"ethan-" she gasped.

"i love you. our baby will have the best life." i said, before picking her up and swirling her around in circles.

and that's when i realized,
that she, was my future.

-🍑-