Chapter 40

3 Months ago...

"Jisoo are you okay?" Lisa called the girl who suddenly hold onto her chest, squinting her eyes in hurt.

"L-lisa..." Jisoo mumbled, falls into Lisa's embrace, Lisa freak out, hugging Jisoo as she tried to, lead her to the bed.

Lisa make her sit on the bed, sweats forming on Jisoo's forehead made Lisa more nervous and scared than before. Lisa support her friend using her bare hand from the back, she moves her ear closer to Jisoo's chest, listening her heart beat rate.

"It's so fast, I'm taking you to the hospital, hold on.." Lisa said, Jisoo tried to breathe but it hurts so bad, she felt as if her throat was tied into a knot, she can't breathe properly, she can talk either, she don't want to go to the hospital, but she needs to, she have to.

**********************

"How long since you suffered from the chest pain?" the doctor ask jisoo who was sitting in front of her with Lisa beside her.

But Jisoo seems very weak at the moment to answer, she has never looked up since the check-up, holding tightly onto Lisa's hand under the table.

"2 weeks, something like that..." Lisa answered, the doctor nod.

"Kim Jisoo, we looked for the evidence for panic disorder but I see you didn't suffered from that, but there's a tiny growing tumor placed on your heart." Jisoo lift her head up to the old man in front of her. Lisa felt her hand being squeezed so hard.

"The tumor will grew slightly in a slow process but it'll be faster in anytime, but don't worry, we'll proceed with the surgery to remove it away." The doctor said with a concern look on his face.

"No..." Jisoo said, her voice was barely could be heard, Lisa looked at her, dumbfounded.

"What are you talking about?" Lisa asks, not believing what Jisoo just said, is she risking her life.

"Not yet. We don't have money for that." Jisoo lied, Lisa was confused, yet shocked at her friend's confession to the doctor.

"If you can't proceed with the surgery right now, we can give you the pills, it acts as a painkiller for you, the pharmacist will explain to you the instruction and as long as you follow them, you won't suffer from the pain a lot..." the doctor said, Jisoo nod.

"But we have th--" Lisa was about to say the truth, that they can afford Jisoo's surgery, her parents can, Jisoo just need to be safe.

"Thank you, doctor..." Jisoo said, cutting Lisa's sentence.

"But don't stay longer with the pills, your tumour is a very small one, considering you're at an early stage, you should have a surgery before it's too late, and by too late i meant stage 3." The doctor explain. Jisoo personally cant hear anything the doctor said but Lisa on the other hand was scared for her life. Hell, it wasn't even her life but it definitely scared her to death.

"And make sure to come anytime if you feel massive pain in your head or chest.." Jisoo nodded, but she couldn't care less at that time, she endured everything, which she thinks would be worth it.

***************

Lisa felt vibration in her pocket, it was her phone signing someone has called her, she quickly answered it, as Jisoo take a sit on the bench.

"We've met the doctor..."

"She's--" Lisa stopped talking, Jisoo's hand was on hers, telling her to stop talking or don't say anything, Lisa hesitate but the longer she look at her friend, the feeling of sympathy is growing.