Chapter 32

*Cassie*
After few seconds later, Jake leaned out slowly and left my hand. A part of me was begging him to not leave my hand and hug me back. But that just couldn't come out of my mouth. Jenna and Harry were still sitting on the stairs looking away from each other.

"Let's go inside. We need to leave them alone!" Jake said while shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah..." I almost mumbled. We then walked inside the house. I told a servant to take Ms. Petrova in a guest room. Then I checked on Dad. He had felt asleep. There was a photo frame in his hands, stuck to his heart. Maybe it was of Anne, my mother. This is so weird calling her mother. I can't imagine how Harry must be feeling after knowing all this. I covered Dad with the blanket and turned off the lights. Jake didn't come inside and was just standing on the door.

Then I closed Dad's bedroom door.
"Thanks Jake for handling everything here---"

"That was my duty, Cassie. It's okay" he passed a weak smile. So I did.

"Wanna go in my room?" I shrugged and got hopeful.

"Uhm I think I should leave. I don't think Harry anymore is dangerous"

"No!!" I immediately cut him off. He frown listening that. "I-I mean it's not about Harry. I don't wanna be alone right now" however I spoke it. No part of me wanted him to leave.

"Oh! I'll stay then!" He shrugged saying yes. I nodded at him with a smile and then took him to my bedroom.

As soon as we entered my room, Jake scoffed. "Whoa!"

"What happen?" I frowned with a smile while closing the room door.

"Your room looks girlish"

"I'm a girl Jake!"

"Ya but you aren't a girlish girl,I think!"

"And why do you think so?"

"You seem like a rebel" he scoffed. We both sat on my bed. Jake was just gazing at my room.

"Hahahaha!" I fake laughed. "I had to be. Dad always taught me how to protect myself and be strong so that I will never ever have to bow in front of anyone"

"Yeah! After all you Mr. Styles daughter!" He smirked. I felt a bit awkward.

"It still feels weird! Mr. Styles? Cassie Styles?"

"Don't worry it will take some time to get used to!"

"Yeah I know!" I sighed while standing up. "Hey come on I'll show you something!" I added and reached my hand towards him.

"What?!" He seemed confused but held my hand. I didn't reply and pulled him in the balcony. I put the ladder on the wall and started climbing.

"Cassie! Get down! Why are you climbing up there to roof?!"

"Shh! Jake! It's fun! Just come on!"

"Cassie I said get down! You may slip and fall down! I can't let you do---"

"Jake! Just. Come. Up. I have done this million times! And I'm still before you in one piece!" I groaned.

He rolled his eyes away and sighed.
"Fine!!" I started climbing up on the roof. I could see the car and the tall building of London. There sky was glowing today. I shifted a bit to let Jake sit comfortably. I then laid on the roof. "Come on!" I gestured him to do so. He started shaking his head in annoyance and then laid besides me. We were watching stars laying on the roof.

After few minutes. "How does it feels?" I looked at Jake with a smile.

"If feels different! Like I took a pause from my stupid life and-and I love this moment" He kept gazing at the stars. I felt delighted that I made him feel like this.