1

I've rewritten this book like 9383939 times lol so this is the official version enjoy

"mister kim has always been a bit wolfish"

SEOKDREAM 2018

Two wolves walked side by side down a dimly lit street. A half moon hung in the sky, casting its bright moonlight down onto the earth. The rustling of leaves and the crunch of snow under the paws of the wolves were the only noises that could be heard. An owl hooted in the distance, and the scent of an oncoming snowstorm was sharp in the cool air.

"Alpha, our ancestors have spoken of your mate." The more slender, smaller and feminine wolf spoke, her voice delicate as she addressed the taller and more muscular one, his pelt scarred with years of battle and experience. "They say your mate will bring luck and flourish to our pack." She looked up expectantly as the alpha wolf kicked at a pile of snow almost restlessly.

The alpha snorted. "I haven't heard from our ancestors in a while, so that's hard to believe. Do you think they are afraid to tell me something?" His yellow eyes glanced at the female, studying her tense posture suspiciously. "Are you not telling me something?"

The dappled wolf's amber eyes widened with surprise. She shook her spotted pelt and huffed out what sounded like surprise, her breath billowing into white fog in the cold air. "Maybe I haven't been telling you the entire truth." She admitted a little softly, her pretty snout dipping to show her apology.

The alpha snarled, lips curling back in irritation. "You and our ancestors. I have earned this place of respect, yet you betray me like this?" He snarled. "I know I'm young for an alpha, but my father's death was not my fault! I need to take control, put this pack in its place, where it'll really flourish."

The female chuckled and butted her head against the alpha's pure snowy white coat, dotted with little flakes of snow that were barely visible against his white pelt. "Oh, you know, we had our reasons."

The alpha stopped and stared at her. "Tell me now."

She looked hesitant, the playfulness fading from her glimmering amber eyes. "Well, first off, your mate is more likely to be male." She said, a little smile playing on her lips as the alpha's eyes widened.

The alpha breathed out a ruffled breath. "Male? You mean I have to prepare his body as well?" He looked down at his paws. "How irritating..."

"I said more likely." She sniffed. "The signs were not exactly clear." She settled down and rested her chin on top of her paws. "He or she is human, I know that for sure. Your pups will have human blood running through them, and it has been a while since an alpha has taken a human bride, so you must be careful. You know how packs are with hybrid children."

The alpha wolf looked thoughtful. He opened his mouth to respond when he heard a harsh shout  come from behind them. Both wolves whipped around to spot a human in a thick fur coat, nose red from the cold, pointing at them with a furious expression.

"Werewolves!" He shouted, and two more men with guns approached next to him. Instantly, the alpha and the female were on their paws, bristling.

"Oi, howdya' know if it'sa werewolf?" One asked, tsking quietly as he eyed the bristling wolves reluctantly.

"Alpha, we must go." The female hissed, looking terrified as her alpha's eyes narrowed wildly, the male's lips curling back to reveal sharp fangs. "Push down your instincts and leave, for the sake of your pack. We're outnumbered!" She added as four more built men arrived hastily behind, and the alpha hesitated as he lowered his ears against his head and backed off.

"What, ya ever seen wolves that big? Shoot 'em! Their fur's worth'a fortune!" One of the men cackled evilly before raising his shotgun, loading it with rusted bullets.

As gunshots rang in the air, the female wolf burst away, the alpha wolf hot on her heels. The men's shouts faded slightly, but their clumsy footsteps could be heard miles away with the werewolves heightened hearing.

"I hate humans for a reason, and you and our ancestors have got the guts to tell me I will be mating with one in the future?" The alpha snarled as he caught up to the female's side, panting.

"As your healer," she ducked as she heard a gunshot, her tail tucking between her legs in instinct. She was never much of a fighter, that having because she was always cooped up in her den caring for sick or hurt members or out collecting healing herbs, "and with the utmost respect, of course, our ancestors have said your mate is different from other humans!" Her eyes widened as something whizzed past her and she yelped when something grazed her delicate pelt.

"Speak of this later!" The alpha barked, eyes round as he felt something cut his cheek. "I think they've resorted to knives: you know how well they aim." He added with a hint of disgust lacing his voice.

The healer sighed, nodding at him briefly before diving into the bushes, while the alpha wolf went opposite of her, tipping his head back to let out an alarm howl, a hint of smugness as he lowered his head and dove into the snow. Birds fluttered out from the area and tore away from their branches, squawking madly and causing other critters to dart away.

"You lost 'em again?!"

"They're werewolves, you dumbass! How do you expect me to chase after 'em when they've got legs that are half my size?"

"It's too dark and cold to be huntin' for wolves, anyways. We'll scout around here tomorrow and hope for a couple rouges or two."

The alpha heard several other men grunt in agreement and he breathed a sigh of relief before licking his paw and drawing it over his cheek, growling when he saw a streak of blood and little scarlet droplets fall onto the snow.

"Come on, you'd better let me check up on that."

The alpha looked up as he heard his healer's voice, spotting a pair of amber eyes glittering amusedly in the darkness. The alpha snorted but got up and padded after her before sinking into the darkness.

The ancestors have spoken, and all the alpha needed to wait for was his mate.