49

"Until Seokjin mates with Namjoon, he'll still be unable to control that curse of his."

Jimin hissed, gritting his jaw as Jisoo tucks bandages over his side wound while Tae and Rose watch with big, worried eyes. Tae's eyes are brimming with tears while Rose scoffs and kicks her paws out.

"Our Alpha's a huge meanie!" Rose huffed. "Why would he hurt Mommy like that?!"

Jimin snorted. "You can ask anyone that and nobody'll be able to answer that, sweetie." He frowned when Tae sneezed twice, shaking his small body side to side.

Rose tucked her snout against Jimin's scruff, whining. "You'll be okay, right Mommy?"

Jimin sighed and laid his head back. "I've had worse, darling...no need to worry."

Tae shuffled his paws and nudged Jisoo's side. "Aren't we supposed to calm down the Alpha when he's unstable?" Tae looked worriedly at his mother and looked down at his tiny paws, hopping to all fours before scurrying away. "I'll do it! Uncle Seokjin likes me!"

Jisoo turned around with a startled bark. "No! Tae, stay back!"

But Tae had already pushed out of Jisoo's den, scurrying into Seokjin's den where the Alpha wolf was huddled up in the corner, trembling. Tae's eyes brightened, a happy yip leaving his lips. "Uncle Seokie!"

Seokjin turned, eyes a dark, watery red. "Tae..?"

Tae scrabbled his paws and landed besides Seokjin clumsily, and the snowy wolf nudged Tae up to his paws again. Tae sneezed, shaking his head and looking up at the humongous wolf happily. "Why're you crying?"

Seokjin sighed heavily and looked down at his paws again, shifting into his human form with a soft growl. "I'm crying because..." Seokjin brought the tiny pup to his lap and Tae's whiskers twitched.

"You smell nice," Tae commented quietly to himself, prodding his nose against Seokjin's chest.

"...because, nobody likes me."

Tae's whiskers twitched and he sneezed again. "I like you, though! A lot!"

Seokjin smiled softly and rubbed Tae's head, massaging the area between his ears. "Do you now?" He mumbled, frowning when Tae sneezed again. "Jesus...is it dusty in here or what? You seem to be allergic to something."

Tae shook his head and hopped off Seokjin's lap, sneezing again underneath his chest and sitting with a whine. He sneezed again a couple of times and shook his head again. Seokjin sat up slowly, confused. "Tae?"

Tae whined and flopped forward, eyes watery. "Don' feel good..." The pup sniffled and fell to the ground, laying down like a dog on the brink of death, snout flaring.

Seokjin rushed forward without another thought, holding the pup to his chest. "Tae? What the hell? What's with you?" He gently shook his shoulders, and Tae's eyes turned blank. "Tae?"

Tae whimpered. "U-uncle...I-I can't...feel my p-paws..."

And as Seokjin cradled the pup to his chest, his eyes an alarming shade of red, the entrance to the ivy broke open to reveal Jisoo and Jimin. Their eyes widened at Tae's state, and Jisoo darted forward, slamming Seokjin asides while grabbing Tae's scruff and bringing him to Jimin.

Jimin's eyes were big. "Tae...? Oh, God..."

Seokjin got to his feet shakily. "You don't understand—Jimin, I didn't—"

Jimin snapped his gaze up accusingly. "Of course you didn't! You never do, Seokjin, you never do!" He screamed, his chest constructing as he shifted into his human form and had Tae to his lap. "Oh, God, Tae...not you..."