4

The shop was warm, as always. Namjoon was sipping a cup of a sugary latte, savoring the sweet taste as he studied the unfamiliar math terms in front of him. He was spending the cold winter morning studying, having nothing else to do on such a boring Saturday.

It would be easy to memorize, easy to understand if only he didn't see his math teacher bustle into the shop, wearing this casual outfit and ordering two cups of coffee. When he saw Jimin quickly follow him, Namjoon's heartbeat quickened. Would his friend invite him over? He remembered that Jimin was Mister Kim's cousin.

But to his disappointment, Jimin and Seokjin was deep into a conversation that they probably hadn't noticed Namjoon. Sighing, he raised the hot liquid to his lips and closed his eyes. Why did he even think they would notice him? If Namjoon did end up dating Mister Kim, he wondered with his cheeks turning pink, then it would put the both of them and Jimin in an awkward position.

I can only dream, I guess.

-

The day went by smoothly. Nothing interesting had happened today except for the close encounter with his teacher and Jimin, and his heart thumped at the thought of his teacher. He brought his Brown plushie to his face and screamed into the pillow, flushing.

"Why is he so fucking hot?" Namjoon squealed, ruffling his soft lilac colored hair with a bit of a twinkle in his eyes, dreaming about the handsome teacher. The soft scent of coffee clung to his clothes, and he quickly stripped himself of the attire before wriggling comfortably in bed. He had piles of homework to finish, but he was too tired to think, and his bed was so warm...he wondered if Mister Kim was cuddling with him, the bed might be warmer...

"No," Namjoon moaned, smacking himself on the forehead. "Stop thinking about him!"

And he spent the rest of the day scolding himself.

-

A dappled, slender girl stood rigid against the stone cliff, her shoulders tense and eyes round as she gazed, frozen at the sky. Her throat trembled and a small whine left her lips, and a snowy wolf sauntered next to her, sitting patiently by her side.

When she suddenly collapsed with a shuddering breath, the alpha wolf lifted her head up and the girl smiled at the wolf crookedly.

"So, you've had a sign?" The wolf rumbled.

The girl shrugged, whacking the wolf's snout playfully. "You don't get to know what it is until I can identify what it means." She stretched her arms out and sat back, her legs dangling over the cliff edge as she stared intently at the sun. "And...I believe I might know, but not until I'm one hundred percent sure will you get to hear it, Seokjin."

Seokjin grumbled, resting his chin on his large paws and snuffing the sweet, herb-scented ground. "You've always been a bit tentative when it came to this part of your job, Jisoo."

"It's not my job, it's my life, Seokjin. Just as you being alpha is your reason to live, being a Healer is mine." Jisoo's round eyes narrowed and she sniffed the wolf's pelt. "Did you...are you trying to mark someone?"

Seokjin's pelt spiked and Jisoo choked. "You are!"

He whirled away, his large figure looking spiked, a strong aroma wafting from the wolf's body, he didn't respond before sidling into his den, being covered by the lichen and undergrowth.

Jisoo smiled, tying her hair up in a bun. "Well, you're definitely marking the right boy."

-

Saturdays were often boring. Namjoon spent the entire day sleeping, waking up in the afternoon with a growling stomach and an irritated look on his face before he grabbed a five dollar bill and stomped over to the cafe that he had gone to the morning, but this time ordering some of the yummy pastries.

"Oh, yes," Namjoon nodded, blinking as he stared down at the mouth-watering snacks eagerly. "I'll take two!"

The lady scooped the delicious, warmly baked brown sugar and cinnamon breads into little bags, handing two of them before reading the total. "That'll be eleven sixty two, sir."

Namjoon stared in dismay at the five dollar bill in his hands before looking up at the girl with his mouth agape, humiliated. "I—Oh, um, you can—"

"I'll take care of it."

Namjoon stumbled a little as a hand patted his shoulder and Namjoon saw a slender, muscled arm hand out a hundred dollar bill, making Namjoon's eye stretch wide open as he turned around to see who could've saved him from an embarrassing moment, and squeaked when he met the warm gaze of his math teacher.

"M-Mister Kim?!" Namjoon choked as he handed the two paper bags of the cinnamon breads to him. "Y-you didn't need to—I-I mean, what are you doing here?...it really is a small world."

"I heard from Jimin you really like sweet things." Mister Kim chuckled, smiling down at him before leading him towards a booth seat, a separate cup of sugary coffee in his hand. "I like them, too. Mind sharing with me?"

Namjoon flushed, handing one to his teacher shyly before sitting down and nibbling on the end of one. But his appetite was gone, and he was only hungry to see his teacher's toned chest, that was bursting and almost see-through with the tight flannel he was wearing. Everytime he moved, his muscles flexed and Namjoon swallowed as Mister Kim munched on two pieces of bread, humming at the taste.

"This is really good, Joon, you have good taste." Mister Kim laughed and Namjoon turned even more red at the pet name, giggling and putting his hands shyly into his lap, his lips upturning in a small smile, feeling his dimples cave into his cheeks as he lifted one of the breads and ate it. "Anyways, how is school going? My class isn't too hard, hm?"

"No! I just need to work on focusing...y'know, it's hard to focus when the world around you is bustling with life and different things." Namjoon stopped as he began to ramble and ended up laughing awkwardly, before stuffing his mouth with the bread and looking away.

Mister Kim smiled, leaning in until Namjoon could smell the sweet coffee and cinnamon on his breath, but he didn't know if it was really coming from him or just the food underneath his nose.

"Say, why don't I come over to your house, then? You live alone, right? Think of this like...a personal math tutor; I'd be happy to help one of my favorite students." Mister Kim gazed at him. "How about it?"

And Namjoon didn't hesitate.

"Of course! Let's go right now!"