32

"Okay. All packed up."

Namjoon stretched and stood from his place at the logs near the huge campfire and tugged his equipment towards Jimin's den. He pushed past the ivy, and yawned, blinking sleepily up at a bloated-looking Jimin who was rubbing his swollen tummy and laying back in his comfy mounds of furs and soft pelts. "Joonie, you're back." Jimin said with a giggle. "C'mon, lay down here. Taehyung's gonna sleep by the fire tonight."

"Oh, it's fine! Seokjin's going to come back pretty soon I'm sure, and he'll want me sleeping in his den." Namjoon said, glancing over at Taehyung who was munching on a bowl of grapes while grooming himself, brushing his hair back with a brush.

"Oh. That's a shame." Jimin sat up and stretched out his legs, curling his toes. "I was hoping I'd be able to snuggle."

"You have me to snuggle!" Taehyung said indignantly, and Namjoon laughed.

And as if Namjoon's words had been heard from miles away, Seokjin pushed through the thick ivy at the entrance, covered in snow. Sniffing the air, the huge wolf shifted back into the handsome face of Seokjin, and Namjoon leaped to his feet and ran into his huge, warm embrace.

"Seokie! You're back!"

Seokjin laughed. "Did you miss me that much, Joonie? If you really wanted me to stay close, you should let me mark you."

Namjoon tensed and laughed nervously, backing away slightly, causing Seokjin to frown. "Well. Yeah, I mean. I've been thinki—"

"Alpha, the rouge scent spotted around our territory has been caught. Turns out to have been some teenage kid prowling around the camp, but we chased him off."

Seokjin turned around to see a young male, his gaze bright and his frame small. He looked lithe and swift, an obviously good runner, and Namjoon smiled politely. "Didn't give him too much of a scare, right?" Seokjin tipped his head and the boy chuckled.

"Nope, but just enough for him to have nightmares. Goodnight, Alpha."

"Get some rest, kid." Seokjin nodded and turned back to Namjoon who was watching in awe, his adorable eyes sparkling. "Heh. What're you dawdling about?"

Namjoon just smiled widely and nuzzled into the alpha's chest. "Nothing. Let's go sleep."

-

"Keesha died because of Seokjin."

Jisoo glanced up, her amber gaze fleeting with alarm as she tended to Mei's healing paw. "What? Seokjin?"

Mei nodded curtly, standing up and rolling his muscles, allowing it to ripple underneath the layer of his thick, dark coat. "There was masked scent all over it that even the hunters couldn't detect it. But I can smell his rotting scent from miles away."

Jisoo scowled and headbutted his side. "Don't speak of your Alpha like that. It's disrespectful, and you shouldn't call him by his name unless he allows you to." She looked up at him pointedly. "Which he did not."

Mei snorted. "As if I didn't know that."

"Come on." Jisoo shifted into her human form swiftly, standing and brushing herself of the tingling feeling that would be left in her fingertips everytime she transformed before grabbing a brush and dustpan, sweeping the remains of the herbs and aromatic leaves off her floor. "Alpha would never kill an elder. And Keesha was the eldest one of the pack: our ancestors would have revolted."

"Which they haven't." Mei finished off. "So, are you trying to say that his death was justified?"

Jisoo widened her eyes. "My goodness. You're awfully crabby this morning. Did you eat? Did the pups put maggots in the nests again?"

The male narrowed his pale eyes and shrugged. "Answer my question."

Jisoo's eyes narrowed as well. "Don't tell me what to do, Mei."

"You're avoiding the question." Mei hissed. "What did our ancestors tell you that they haven't to the pack? What haven't you told us that the stars have told you?"

Jisoo flattened the palms of her hands against her hips. "Mei. Out of my den. Go hunt, get that filthy temper out of your claws or something before coming back. I don't like feeling negative energy so early in the morning: it brings bad luck."

"I'm not leaving."

"Mei."

"Not until you tell me what's going on!"

"Mei—!"

"J-Jisoo?"

Jisoo flicked her eyes over to the entrance of her den, where the soft ivy had been pulled back. And poking his head into the den, was a soft and sleepy looking Namjoon. His hair was a mess atop his head, his cheeks puffy and a tiny bit swollen. Mei stopped, freezing in place at the sight of the adorable human boy, and Jisoo sighed. "Yes, Namjoon?"

Namjoon rubbed his eyes and picked something out of the ends. "Mm. Jinnie says he's not feeling too good...tummy ache or somethin'..."

Jisoo nodded. "Alright. I'll go fetch something for that, stay here." She gave Mei a hard look. "I'll deal with you after."

Namjoon nodded sleepily, walking in and plopping down on the soft little pile of furs beside the door, yawning. Mei swished his tail behind him and tucked his limbs underneath him, watching through slitted eyes at the beautiful prey in front of him. The golden sunlight that filtered through the ivy was cast onto his honey skin like shards of yellow petals, and his entire being just glowed softly, giving him that angelic morning look.

And oh, how he wanted to just sink his fangs between that soft, clean spot from his collarbone and the back of his neck. His plump, thick lips that were all pouty and adorably swollen, (from kissing Seokjin all night last night), and his cheeks that always seemed to have a natural pink hue.

"Here." Jisoo dropped a little leaflet of seeds and weird, colorful herbs. Namjoon flushed a little when he realized Jisoo was butt-naked: something Namjoon would never get used to in the camp, the fact that between transformations, the being would lose all articles of clothing. But Jisoo was gentle, and she smiled while ruffling his hair. "Don't be shy. Go on, get those to Seokjin immediately."

Namjoon flushed prettily and nodded, getting up and scurrying out of the room, stumbling a little clumsily over his feet. Mei opened his eyes when he left, and the werewolf got to his feet. Jisoo stopped him for a moment and looked up at him.

"Don't." She said quietly, but Mei just growled, shook her off and followed behind him.