17

"Alpha, welcome to the quarter moon gathering."

Seokjin bowed his head to the elders lined up on either side of the sort of walkway that was made in the middle of the dim area. The place was covered in such thick undergrowth and trees that not a single critter laid foot in here; so it was often used as a meeting place.

At the end of the line was a nest, made of fresh moss and lined with felts and furs, to which Seokjin laid on top of. "Time surely flies, does it not?" He muttered to Jisoo, who snorted and prodded him further up on the nest and drawing her tongue over his chest fur to neatly comb it into place. Seokjin rolled his eyes as the Healer took a moment to fuss over him and lick the messy parts of his fur. "You can't come to a meeting looking like a fuckin' burr." She snapped and instantly sat down beside him, her facial expression shifting into the one of the calm and wise Healer.

Seokjin snorted again and addressed the elders to quiet down before speaking.

"The quarter moon gathering will begin." Seokjin said in a different tone of voice. One that held authority and power, the weight of responsibility and leadership weighing heavily over his broad shoulders. "We will begin with The Conflict."

"I have a conflict to pose." An elder rasped out instantly, and Seokjin blinked in surprise as usually they would be hesitant to speak of conflict, his faded yellow eyes narrowing as he made eye contact with Seokjin's more youthful golden gaze. "That human you brought in today. That is the topic of today's conflict." He looked around. "I'm sure everyone agrees?"

Murmur of agreement rose and Seokjin felt a bit of anger boil in the pit of his stomach but his expression remained the same and he shrugged. "Continue. What of the human?"

"You plan on mating him, don't you?" The elder snarled, pelt bristling and before he could challengingly respond, Jisoo spoke out confidently.

"Yes. He does, and in fact, he must." Jisoo stood and the elders quieted, listening intently to the Healer. "Our ancestors speak of the alpha's mate and this human boy is the one. He will bring forth a bright future and a promise to their pups, there will be certain aspects," she glanced at Seokjin, "of our Alpha that will change and bring more tranquility to our pack."

Murmurs rose again as she sat and another alpha, one with hazel dotted eyes stared intently at Seokjin. "What kinds of changes?"

"Temper control," Jisoo spoke up again, "less full moon disputes. Like I said. A brighter future with tranquility and promise."

The hazel-eyed elder tipped his head. "Have you two bitten yet?"

Seokjin stared down at his paws. "No." He said gruffly. "The human is still contemplating his decision."

Instantly barks and incredulous remarks were made, and Seokjin began to shake with fury as the comments became harsher and more demanding.

"Silence!" Seokjin howled out, baring his fangs. "Did you not hear the Healer's words, you pitiless elders?! Do you doubt our ancestor's words in spite of what they have spoken?!"

A silence covered the room like a thick foam and Seokjin panted heavily from the shouting, eyes wild.

At the moment, the vines covering the entrance shuddered and opened, and Seokjin's eyes widened when he saw Namjoon's curious head pop through and no matter how angry he was, when he saw a smile light up the younger's face Seokjin felt his heart stutter.

"Seokjin!" Namjoon whispered, and the elders whirled around to see who would dare speak the alpha's name instead of addressing him as 'Alpha.' "They asked me to come in and help serve!"

And Seokjin simply watched as Namjoon bundled up his arms with the little packets of neatly wrapped meat in the leaves, handing them and politely murmuring: "Please enjoy! I hope it's good! You're welcome! Enjoy!" Adorably and Seokjin had to stifle his adoring chuckle. When Namjoon made it up to him Namjoon plopped down a leaf packet and stretched on his toes, giggling. "You're so fluffy!" He squeaked, ruffling his chest fur and Jisoo made a noise in the back of her throat but Seokjin just purred and allowed Namjoon to clamber up beside him and lay on him.

The elder's eyes never left Namjoon.

"Whatcha doin' in here?" Namjoon asked, staring as Seokjin ripped open his package and tore open the meat packet and began to eat with huffs and growls. "A meeting? Is it important? Can I join?"

"Yes but you wouldn't be able to understand it." Seokjin said gruffly. "We speak in our native tongue in these meetings."

"Still," Namjoon said, giggling. "It's cold and you're warm and Jimin and Taehyung kept cuddling so I felt like a third wheel. I'll take a nap between your legs, you massive wolf." He teased before slipping between the wolf's muscular hind legs and curling up between him, sighing happily. "That's better.."

Seokjin rolled his eyes but allowed the male to rest, nestled between his chest and legs. He leaned down to finish his meal, looking up as someone passed by to clean the little leaf packets.

"The Conflict will end here. We will begin The Assessment."

"What?" An elder interrupted, chest puffed up. "You're skipping The Socratic!"

"There is a human present." Seokjin snarled, feeling Namjoon stir beneath him. "Do you want to fight when there's humans present?!"

"No, not fighting, but we may still argue verbally, can we not?" The elder countered and he growled loud enough for Namjoon to stir, mumbling. "Is there an issue with that, Alpha?"

Jisoo stared at the elder disdainfully. She padded in front of Seokjin and tipped her head. "That's Mei's grandfather. He was second in command when your father was alpha."

"I know." Seokjin muttered. "Mei was supposed to be alpha but I was appointed at a young age."

"Twenty years of experience compared to fifty-four." Jisoo turned around, staring at the way the ragged and frail elder wolves seemed to be murmuring with each other, but Mei's grandfather's eyes were still locked onto them. To be more exact, he was staring at Namjoon's small form between Seokjin's legs. But Seokjin couldn't tell and just glowered back before turning to Jisoo. "It's obvious he will do anything to tip you off your throne."

Seokjin simply snorted. "And how? Mei is still young. Noble, he's wise and he won't try to fight me, not after how much I've grown."

Jisoo bit her tongue. "Yes, you've become stronger than Mei...but not as clever. You should keep an eye out on Mei." She glanced at Namjoon. "How long do you plan on keeping the human here for?"

"Not for long." Seokjin muttered. "I told the school I'd come back tomorrow. I just wanted to show Namjoon a bit of our culture, our way of life." He nudged Jisoo back to her spot beside him. "Now, let's finish this dumb meeting before these elders yapping gets imprinted into my brain."

-

ooohooohohoh who is this mEI you speak of??

you'll see ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)