35

When Namjoon went out to stretch the following morning, he realized Seokjin's packmates kept giving him weird looks.

He was patiently and sleepily waiting for someone to bring him some food, nuzzled into the coat Seokjin had provided for him and just enjoying the fresh cool air by the warm fire when he opened his eyes and saw that most of the wolves were staring at him as they ate their breakfast, their huge fangs tearing through their meat. Namjoon blinked, unnerved by the sudden attention and looked up when Jimin sat down besides him, also muddled up in a fluffy coat, his belly slightly protruding from the front. He handed Namjoon his hot soup and Jimin happily ate in silence.

Namjoon chewed a piece of the soft meat before swallowing. "Did I do something?" Namjoon mumbled and Jimin looked up, frowning.

"Huh? No. Why?" Jimin gulped down his broth, wiping his lips on the sleeve.

Namjoon sipped some of his own broth and shrugged. "Everyone's attention is on me and...it's kinda weird. I was just wondering if I did something to make your pack angry..."

Jimin's nose scrunched up for a brief moment and the omega wolf giggled. "Oh, that. Namjoon, it's not because you did anything wrong. But that," the werewolf tapped the teeth marks on his neck, "that mark is the reason why. You smell like one of us now because of it, and well, the pack is delighted. But they're too scared to talk to you, so they're showing appreciation by looking at you respectfully."

Namjoon's eyes widened. "But they look angry!"

Jimin snorted. "Namjoon, they're in wolf forms. Do wolves ever look happy to you?"

Namjoon shrugged, still a little frightened. "N-no..."

Jimin sighed and rested his head on Namjoon's shoulder. "Of course you don't." He patted Namjoon's thigh and pulled away. "Oh, right. Seokjin was looking for you; he's in the clearing behind all that ivy over there. Hurry up and eat and meet him, he seems antsy for the full moon tonight."

Namjoon nodded, quickly drinking the rest of his broth as Jimin stood. "Where are you going?" He mumbled, mouth full of rice and meat.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "To get more food, duh. Being pregnant means that one itty bowl of food is not going to satisfy my cravings."

Jimin hurried off, his empty bowl swinging eagerly by his side as he stood back in line for seconds, but he was pushed to the front, some of the packmates sniffing his belly and smiling appreciatively, congratulating the omega for his pups.

Namjoon smiled, finishing his meal and placing his empty bowl down on the log he was sitting on. He stretched for a moment, sighing contently when a young wolf padded over and snatched his bowl, darting away. Namjoon raised his eyebrows in confusion when he saw the young wolf drop the bowl besides the pile of other empty bowls by the entrance.

Was...he helping Namjoon?

"Luna," Namjoon turned around in confusion, and blinked when a young female girl stood behind him, holding a small weaved basket of fresh winter fruits and pretty rosy colored flowers, "this is for you. Congratulations on the marking."

Namjoon stood there blankly with the basket, and as he was about to reply the girl shifted into a grey-pelted wolf and darted away, and Namjoon, with round and confused eyes, just clutched the basket and padded away to the ivy where Seokjin was awaiting his arrival. But he couldn't help but wonder, who was Luna?

He pushed past the heavy greenery with his head, placing the basket down at the entrance but not after taking a white peach for himself. They looked juicy and fresh, and Namjoon bit into it as he padded over to Seokjin. A burst of sweet flavor met his tongue and he hummed eagerly, chewing and plopping down besides the humongous snowy wolf that was currently chowing down on a huge deer carcass.

"Seokjin, m'here," Namjoon said, petting the wolf's head with his sticky fingers. The snowy wolf snorted in response, licking the side of Namjoon's cheek before returning to consuming his meal and Namjoon sat back against his fluffy and warm belly, taking another bite out of his peach. "Where's Jisoo?"

Seokjin licked his chops and growled. "She'll be here soon." He lowered his head and began ripping at his food again and Namjoon stuck his tongue out and looked away. "But you look lovely today. Where did you get that fruit from?"

Namjoon blushed at the praise and snuggled back against his soft fur even more. "Some of your packmates gave it to me as a welcome present. They're really sweet. Try it!"

Seokjin chuckled, turning his huge head around to bare his fangs and nod. "I will, once I'm back in my human form, alright? Mm. You smell good...that mark is healing up nicely, thank goodness. You don't feel feverish or anything, right?"

"Nope." Namjoon chomped on his peaches and shook his head. "No fever."

Seokjin purred lowly and snapped a bone between his jaws, making Namjoon cringe. "Good."

"Alpha, I have the herbs for your transformation tonight. I'm sure you won't be needing them as long as Namjoon is by your side but just in case, I've brought them."

Namjoon looked up in confusion as the foreign words were attempted to register into his ears. Jisoo padded up in her pretty wolf form, holding a bundle of leaf packets and dropping them in front of Seokjin. "It's best to eat them now. I'll give you stronger ones later if it's an emergency."

"Thank you, Healer." Seokjin rumbled, chewing up the leaflets. "Has the pack been showing its appreciation to my mate? He says a gift of fruits have been given to him...I'm hoping they weren't from the summer gardens?"

"No, of course not." Jisoo responded with a laugh while Namjoon confusedly bit down on his peach. (international armys be like...no but srsly y'all amaze me, how can u watch a whole interview/mv/behind the scenes without understanding??? i'd go insane). "They're picked fresh from a peach patch just on the outskirts of the border."

"Good, good." Seokjin responded, leaning down and shifting back into a human with a soft groan. Namjoon stumbled back into Seokjin's hard chest and the human whined, taken aback by the sudden shifting and the younger placed his peach core on the floor, finished. And not two seconds later, another young wolf comes by and picks up the peach core and throws it away for him.

"I-is that necessary?" Namjoon stuttered. "For them to do all that dirty work for me?"

"Well, yes," Seokjin said, pulling Namjoon a little closer so he was pressed up against his chest. "You're the Luna of the pack now. I'm glad you've finally made that decision, it means that now our pack is full. So tonight, hopefully with your aid, I will not be as...violent."

Namjoon ignored that, just nodding and licking his sticky hands irritably. Seokjin chuckled and nudged him to his feet while Jisoo nodded briskly, and she got to her paws and left after some wolf came up behind and started speaking to her in that language that Namjoon couldn't understand.

"Silly human," Seokjin lifted Namjoon's hands by his wrists and smirked. "There's a river down this way. Rinse your hands off there. Come back to the den afterwards, I'd like to give you a few more marks." Seokjin trailed a hand down Namjoon's neck and licked his lips. "This skin is far too bare for my liking."

Namjoon blushed. "O-o—okay," He stammered, hopping out of Seokjin's lap and squealing internally as he ran towards the river to wash his hands.

-

yus i've updated almost all my books today :D