33

"I'm sure this is just another symptom from the full moon. It's tomorrow."

Seokjin moaned out, shaking his head and nuzzling his nose into Namjoon's fluff of purple hair that was fading softly. Jisoo sat a couple of feet away, yawning while ruffling her soft hair back. Namjoon was curled up into the sweaty werewolf's chest, but he wasn't complaining, because the den had to be opened for fresh air to come in and it was pretty cold.

"I dunno how you could've forgotten." Jisoo said, gently closing her eyes. "But if it's not too much to ask from, Namjoon, I was wondering if you could stay here until Monday?"

Namjoon's eyes bulged. "M-Monday? That's nearly a whole week!"

Seokjin whined quietly. Jisoo nodded with a gentle laugh. "Yes, but...Seokjin grows very ill on the full moons, and it would actually help if you tagged along and stayed with him."

Seokjin wrinkled his eyebrows together and looked up at Jisoo sadly. "It still hurts." He mumbled, curling up deeper against Namjoon and holding the boy to his chest even tighter. "I'm...not getting enough of you..." He panted softly and slobbered all over Namjoon's coat, and the human wrinkled his nose, but at least his breath didn't smell bad. Jisoo had given him herbs and it smelled of something sweet and leafy.

Jisoo blinked. "I believe it's about time to discuss what we have to do with you, Namjoon. Seokjin, can you manage without us for a bit? Taehyung and Jimin will be joining you in a moment, they'll be bringing you some food to satire that hunger of yours." She nudged Namjoon out from between Seokjin's arms and the alpha wolf whined.

"No, mine..." Seokjin whined childishly, scrambling up to his feet only to jerk back down to the floor with a whimper. "Just...be back quick please."

Namjoon nodded, eyes big. "I will, Jinnie. Just wait!"

-

Jisoo had returned to her human form when she had taken Namjoon out, and out of courtesy to the blushing young boy, she had put on some clothes that covered only her privates respectfully. Honestly. In her one hundred and thirteen years of life, she had never found a human so innocent and shy destined to be an alpha's mate.

"So, Namjoon," Jisoo began softly, treading through a path in between the huge, snowy forests, "I'm sure you've picked up on the fact that you're a special little one to us, yeah?"

Namjoon nodded. "I was wondering why Seokjin picked me out of all the people he could have at school." Namjoon said, tugging his coat around him tighter. "I'm not even that pretty..."

Jisoo's eyes sparkled playfully and she nudged Namjoon's side. "Oh, please. If you weren't beautiful, Seokjin wouldn't have even budged to attempt to woo you." Namjoon blushed shyly and Jisoo smiled. "Now let me explain why we need you to be marked by Seokjin as quickly as possible... you've seen the scars on Jimin's back, right?"

Namjoon parted his lips, taken aback. "Y-yeah...they're pretty nasty."

Jisoo chuckled. "Don't let Taehyung hear you say that. He kisses those scars every night just to remind Jimin how beautiful he is. The scars can be hidden in his wolf form, but I've forbidden him to shift for the sake of his pups and he's stuck in that human form of his." Jisoo sighed, and Namjoon flushed. Outside of his cold exterior, Taehyung really was just a big sweetheart for Jimin.

"Is that—"

"Ah, don't let me get carried away." Jisoo cut him off, bounding forward and crouching to dig through a pile of snow. Namjoon crouched besides her curiously as she leaned down and tore off a thick root from the ground, the leaf dotted with dark purple berries. "Anyways. We need you to be marked and besides Seokjin desperately because our ancestors have willed it so. Did you know that Seokjin's family is cursed?"

"C-cursed?" He echoed, taking the weird plant as Jisoo pushed it to his chest.

"I was there when the curse happened. Seokjin's great grandfather did the impossible, and, now werewolves stopped eating humans centuries ago. But Seokjin's grandfather ate over twenty humans in a mad rage, and we don't know what drove him to consume your kind but," Jisoo clasped Namjoon's hand, "but he was given a curse. And every full moon, anyone related to him, would go mad. They get extremely sick and lose control over themselves. They can't remember anything that they did and that's what breaks Seokjin the most...he's hurt Jimin so many times, and Jimin's parents had passed away in the most heartbreaking way. His mother died giving birth to him and his father committed suicide not too long after, so Seokjin swore to protect him. But..he doesn't."

Namjoon blinked. "I-is that why...?"

Jisoo nodded. "We need a mate for him. Mates have the ability to calm and relax each other in the most distressed of times, and with a mate, Seokjin would be able to be calm."

Namjoon gulped and looked away. "That's a big responsibility..."

"It is, but what's done must be done. You have to be marked tonight so he can be calm tomorrow. Please, Namjoon, it's the only way!"

Jisoo clasped Namjoon's hand desperately.

"We don't want him to lose himself forever."

-

heck