44

me writing these angsty chapters fully knowing i'm destroying myself and you all reading

you all:

-

Jimin was put on suicide watch, and Taehyung was buried at midnight that night.

Seokjin was absolutely devastated. He hadn't ever had to put any of his packs on a suicide watch, but every minute following Jimin's departure from the funeral, Jimin would crazily whisper to each passing werewolf, "My mate isn't dead. I can see him." or "I am going to see him again tonight."

Namjoon found himself curled up with Jimin at night, wide awake, clenching his arms around him tighter every time he shifted or moved. At one point, Jimin even got up to pee and Namjoon followed him out, obediently listening to Jisoo's firm orders to keep an eye on him.

So when Namjoon, at around three AM in the morning, weirdly exhausted and sleep-deprived, drifted out for a brief moment of sleep, Jimin's twitched and he raised his head, turning to look at Namjoon who was knocked out cold.

Jimin looked down at his paws, where they were tainted with a dark purple dye. It was from a type of berry that he had found in Jisoo's den: nicknamed Night Lock because it was able to make anyone fall into a deep sleep. But too much of it could kill you, so Jimin added a about two berries to Namjoon's bowl of fruit that Seokjin gave to Namjoon, and it seemed his plan was going accordingly to how he imagined.

Quietly, he padded out of his den, shifting out of his wolf form and running out the entrance of the camp. Nobody noticed, expect for a pair of dark green eyes that were following Jimin as the omega tore out the entrance and began chanting maniacally to himself.

"I'm coming for you," Jimin muttered, eyes darting around, icy blue turning misty with excitement as Jimin clasped over the mating mark that Taehyung had given him all those years ago. "Oh God," Jimin giggled to himself and dipped his legs into the water, treading over to the deeper areas with a happy noise, "I'm already imagining being back in your arms, love."

Jimin bit his lip with a crazy smile before looking around the lake. "Your sweet voice," he rubbed his arms as the freezing water swallowed up his legs and waist, "your beautiful smile..."

He laughed loudly, eyes wild, before plunging himself deep into the water.

"I'm going to see it all again."

-

Seokjin woke up with a heavy heart, eyes dull. He got to his feet and pushed out the entrance of the den, ignoring the supportive glances and bows that his packmates were giving him. God. Their loyalty was undying, that was for sure.

"Namjoon," Seokjin sighed as he pushed through the ivy covering Jimin's den, lips pulled into a pout. "I got like, zero sleep last night. But at least you and Jim—Namjoon?"

Seokjin's eyes widened and he darted forward, kneeling by Namjoon's side as the human was still deeply asleep. Jimin was nowhere to be found, and panic arose in the werewolf's chest in seconds. Even though Seokjin attempted to shake him awake, he remained still, breathing softly against Seokjin's hand.

"Fuck," Seokjin panted, standing and whirling around before shifting into his wolf, bounding out with a demanding howl that had his pack instantly looking at him with full attention. "Jimin is gone! Find him! Yoongi, send out two patrols around the East and South borders, and group up another three patrols for North and West. You, apprentices, scout the surrounding area close to camp."

The werewolves ordered to obey got to work instantly, and Seokjin scanned his dark yellow gaze along the pack, jerking his head at two Fighters that were waiting in the front, chests puffed out as they padded forward.

"Surround the camp." Seokjin growled gruffly. "Put some guards around Jimin's den: my mate has been drugged and we can't have anyone getting in. Fetch Jisoo," he looked solemnly up at Hoseok, who was a couple of feet away with two eager pups bounding around his feet, yipping and asking when they could see their parents.

"Wan' see Daddy!" One of them barked eagerly, happily snuggling against Hoseok's leg. "Uncle Seokie! Wan' see Daddy! Bof of them!"

Seokjin's heart clenched and he turned away, looking back at the den where he could spot Namjoon still fast asleep on the floor, the human looking a bit too peaceful for his own liking.

-

ano th er short chapter but trust me this is only the beginning