43

erm trigger warning ahead ⚠️

-

Namjoon was at Jimin's side the instant he heard the news.

The omega was breaking down, breathing shallowly, curled up in absolute misery in Jisoo's den. Hunched up in the coldest corner of the den, shivering, not speaking to anyone. Even when Namjoon came and spooned him in hopes of comforting the shattered male, Jimin just grew silent, the only noise coming from his occasional, pitiful hiccups.

"Hoseok is watching Jimin's pups." A soft voice came from the entrance and Jimin's fluffy ears pricked up. "His two pups keep asking for their mother's milk, but Jimin's too stressed that his body isn't producing milk. Hoseok still has milk from having Jungkook, but I'm worried that the pups will grow more fond of Hoseok over Jimin at this point."

"They'll be fine." Another voice responded. "A pup always recognizes their mother's scent. Always."

"Jisoo...."

"Chaeyoung, you should go get some rest. I have to check up on him and make sure he's doing fine."

"Alright...but promise me you won't worry too much over this? I swear I'm seeing more white tufts in your pelt nowadays."

"I'm...not even in my wolf form..."

"Whatever. Just get some rest, baby..."

"Goodnight."

Namjoon kissed the top of Jimin's fluffy head and the werewolf flattened his ears, blue eyes glistening with fresh tears. What a fuck up. He didn't even have a mate anymore, two of his pups died, and all in the same week.

How much more pathetic could his life get?

"How is he?" Jisoo asked quietly as she entered the den, carding her fingers through Jimin's pelt.

Namjoon sniffled. "Unresponsive."

"Jimin, you have to eat and give milk to your pups." Jisoo murmured, looking at Jimin's dull blue eyes gently. "Taehyung would want you to work your best."

Jimin just closed his eyes and whined softly. Like a puppy that was kicked over by its owner, he began whining softly, long, drawling noises that made both Namjoon and Jisoo's chest clench. Jisoo looked away with misty eyes and stared at the smooth floor of her den. "Where's Seokjin?"

Namjoon swallowed. "Grieving."

"Good." Jisoo closed her eyes. "He'll be...guilty for a while."

-

Seokjin was laying besides Taehyung's lifeless body silently. The dead werewolf's funeral would be held later that night, so Seokjin had claimed to spend the entire day mourning the loss of his close friend, guilt clawing at his chest and making tears spring to his eyes as he realized that this was all of his fault.

"These claws," Seokjin murmured in his native tongue, voice dull, "caused you death, and will cause your family eternal misery."

Seokjin nudged his snout against Taehyung's back, the male's fingers splayed out clenched with two fingers out, frozen that way after he had touched Jimin's cheek so tenderly. "I can't bring myself to even look at you, old friend." Seokjin sighed deeply, pain wrapping around the tips of his paws as he curled up sorrowfully besides the once-courageous werewolf. "Sorry is not strong enough of a word to say to ask for forgiveness but it holds the weight of my guilt." Seokjin closed his eyes. "I'm so sorry. So fucking sorry, Taehyung."

"Why did you do it?"

Seokjin jumped, looking up and turning to see Namjoon, gaze heavy as he held a shivering Jimin to his side. Seokjin felt nauseous as he gazed upon his cousin, to which Jimin met his eyes and looked away.

Jimin was pale. So pale, colorless, lifeless. As the omega dragged himself to sit next to his dead mate, it looked as if Jimin was also dead, sitting besides the sub-alpha with a heavy heart. "Taehyungie," Jimin whimpered, dropping his body against the cold stone floor and interlocking his hands with Taehyung's still ones. "Please come back."

Namjoon's lower lip wobbled and he sat down besides Jimin, ignoring Seokjin who tried to reach out for him.

Jimin shivered, sucking in a sharp and pained breath. His silvery hair fell in front of his eyes as he tucked away Taehyung's sandy brown hair, gulping. "You're not gone." Jimin mumbled. "Never in my heart. Never in my life. I-I...please, I can't live without you."

Namjoon sniffled. "Jiminie, d-don't say that."

"I want to die." Jimin whispered softly, dazedly against Taehyung's body. "I want to die so badly...I wanna see you again, wanna feel you, wanna cuddle 'n take care of the pups together like we should be doing, Tae."

Namjoon began to pull Jimin away from Taehyung. He had only brought him here because Jimin had requested to hold hands with his mate one last time before he was really gone.

"I am going to find a way," Jimin said softly, forgetting that Namjoon and Seokjin were standing around him as well, "to see you again. I don't care about anything else."

Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist and pulled him back. Jimin leaned down and gently kissed Taehyung's forehead before he was torn away from his mate forever.

"I am going to see you again, love."

-

y'all r harsh in that comment section 😢