42

"Jinsoo and Miyeon."

Jimin looked down at his pups, who were stumbling around, eyes still shut. They travelled from Jimin's nips to Taehyung's still body to the entrance of the cave. The pups were curious little things, and Jimin smiled warmly, pain still evident in his eyes when Taehyung stirred behind him.

"Oh my God," Jimin scrambled to his paws and walked over, seeing Taehyung struggle to shift into his wolf form. Jimin shifted back into his human form to reassure his mate, and Taehyung sighed, his eyes opening slightly. "T-Tae?"

Taehyung licked his dry lips. "Rose?"

"Thank God you're awake." Jimin murmured, burying his face into the werewolf's side, tearing up a little as Taehyung shifted to his side and opened his arms. Jimin snuggled into the warmth, and Taehyung blinked weakly.

"Your tummy?" His words were slightly slurred.

"Oh!" Jimin giggled nervously. "The pups...the pups are over there." He looked down at Taehyung's bandaged chest. "Two...strong pups."

Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed. "T-the other...the other two? Where are they...?"

Jimin was silent for a couple of heartbeats.

"They died." Jimin whispered, hiding his face against his mate's chest. "They passed away at birth."

Taehyung's eyes sprang with tears. The sub-alpha caressed Jimin's cheek gently and smiled. "Can I...can I see our two pups, th-then?" He sounded slightly out of breath and Jimin sat up, nodding, while he fetched the wobbling puppies and sat them down in front of Taehyung.

Taehyung laughed softly, his hands weakly rubbing both of his pups cheeks. "God...they're beautiful. They look just like you..."

Jimin smiled, looking down at then with a warm look in his eyes. "T-they do..?"

"Just like you," Taehyung whispered, smiling widely. A long sigh escaped Taehyung's chapped lips and Jimin blushed, fiddling with Taehyung's hand. He was enjoying this. He liked the feel of Taehyung's large, warm hands against his, his musky, protective scent around him.

"It's too bad..."

Jimin looked up.

"...that I won't b-be here to...watch them grow up, huh?"

Jimin's chest clenched. "W-what?"

Taehyung laughed breathily and brought Jimin closer to him, his face strained. "I'm afraid...." he kissed Jimin's soft lips and attempted to keep a smile. "I can't stay here with you anymore..."

Jimin's heart hammered in his chest and the omega shook his head. Disbelief clouded his eyes, pain clutched his heart and he shook his head again. Desperately. Violently.

"No." Jimin said, his hands cupping Taehyung's smiling face. "No. No. You can't leave. I won't let you. I'll get Jisoo, just wait—"

Taehyung shook his head. "Rose, it's too late, I to-told you..."

Jimin felt out of breath, light-headed as he stood and tears were falling freely from his eyes. "No. It's never too late. Y-you can't leave me! Not after—not after two of our pups die a-and—"

Taehyung clasped Jimin's ankle, and the omega instantly got to his knees, clutching Taehyung's wrists. "Taehyung, please don't. Please, don't tell me."

Taehyung's eyes were beginning to grow dull. Jimin sniffled and shook his head, shaking, sobbing. "Tae? Tae! Tae, p-please! Please don't—please—oh God."

A tear slipped out of Taehyung's sparkling eyes. "Don't...f-forget how much....I love you."

Jimin's breath stilled when the glitter in Taehyung's eyes faded. When the alpha's warm breath turned cold, and when Jimin backed away out of shock. The single tear dripped down Taehyung's cheek and his beautiful green eyes suddenly were no longer that beautiful.

"Tae..." Jimin curled up into himself, staring at Taehyung's lifeless, unresponsive body. "No..."

His two pups nudged their father's chest, tiny whimpers and weak yips escaping their lips. Jimin couldn't breathe. "No..."

He found himself tearing out of his den, stumbling, laughing like a madman. "He's not gone!" Jimin screamed, frightening a couple of young pups who were playing outside. "No, he's not!" Jimin laughed loudly and he wildly turned around. "Taehyung is still okay! He's—he's watching my pups! His wounds are healing!"

A couple of mother wolves surrounded him. "Jimin, sweetie? Are you okay?" They asked softly, concerned. "Dearie...?"

Jimin turned to them, a wild look in his eyes. Tears spilling down his cheeks and his lips upturned in a smile. "He's still alive."

"Fetch Jisoo." One of them murmured, and two of them told Jimin to sit down, calming the panicked omega down. Jisoo, who was slightly ruffled and a little confused, padded out of her den before shifting into human form and bounding forward.

"Jimin?" She asked quietly. "What's wrong?"

Jimin just started shaking, smiling up at Jisoo. "Did I tell you how much I love Taehyung?"

Jisoo's eyebrows furrowed, and she got up and treaded softly into Jimin's den. Covering her mouth, she crouched besides Taehyung and gasped.

Jisoo stood after checking over Taehyung's wounds, and she lifted Taehyung's limp body before dragging it outside. Her packmates all stared in horror as Taehyung, the second in command, was dropped in the middle of the clearing, dead.

Jimin laughed and rushed forward, grabbing Taehyung's hands. The omega was breaking down into sobs but, at the same time, he was laughing. "Oh, God, Taehyung. Did I show you our pups yet? They look just like me. Just like me. Like you said. Just like me—" Jisoo began pullig Jimin away and the omega yelped. "—no-no why ar—stop! Stop!"

"Take him away to my den, please." Jisoo whispered, voice strained. She turned back to the pack who were all crowded around, some of them still and frozen in shock, others unable to even comprehend anything and just standing, emotionless. She lowered her head over Taehyung's body and sighed.

"Taehyung," she looked solemnly up, "is dead."

-

uhm i cried a lot writing this damn i cant even handle my own angst