57

Yipping, howling and high-pitched screeches resonated around the clearing, where the entire pack was gathered around as Seokjin leaned back on his throne above everyone else with Namjoon on his lap, resting with a sort of feverish stare.

His body felt hot and sweaty, and he kept whining to Seokjin about it, and the occasional slick still dribbling down his thigh. It turned the air honey sweet, and Taehyung, Jimin and Jisoo who were besides the throne were all shifting uncomfortably. Especially Jimin.

But the trial had to commence. Down at the bottom of the clearing was Yoongi and Mei, and Seokjin could cringe at their size difference. Yoongi was muscular, yes, but the werewolf was built for hunting and speed. He was skinny, toned but small. Mei, with his broad figure, could crush him instantly with one pounce.

"Today's trial." Seokjin's voice quieted the chatter of his pack and Yoongi raised his eyes respectfully while Mei just smirked and looked up with a challenging glare. "Will not be one of a battle."

Namjoon gagged a little sitting on his place at Seokjin's chest and turned pale. "Don't feel good." He mumbled, slapping a hand over his mouth.

Jisoo padded forward and nudged Namjoon off, shifting into her wolf so that Namjoon could climb onto her back while trying his best not to vomit over her shoulders. She left the area of the clearing and Seokjin's voice grew distant as Jisoo led him to a stream.

The minute his feet touched earth everything in his tummy came right up.

He was a shaking and sobbing mess afterwards, with Jisoo washing his hands and face like a mother would to her child, telling Namjoon to rinse his mouth out as the tiny human hiccuped and sniffled.

"Looks like you really are sick," Jisoo murmured, pressing a hand to his forehead and tucking a bowl into the river before bringing the cup of cold forest water to his lips. "I knew the cold would get you sick one day. I'm sure it'll just be a fever, so we'll go straight to my den and you will rest for the rest of the evening."

"But the trial—" Namjoon squeaked.

"You'll hear what happens of it tomorrow." Jisoo said softly. "Now let's go to bed."

-

"...thank you."

Yoongi's voice was feeble. The Hunter sat back, panting as if he was holding his breath. Seokjin just smiled at his old friend before turning his hostile gaze to Mei, who looked furious.

"And as for you," Seokjin boomed, standing before leaping down from his place on the high stones, shifting into his wolf form as he fell, "my mate, hurt in the action of you two, was badly hurt. He claims that you attacked Yoongi while he was carrying my mate to my den."

Mei smirked.

"Is that true?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes. "Is it true that you tried attacking his escort?"

Mei laid back evenly and smirked. "What else did he tell you?"

Seokjin growled. "Enough for me to do this."

And he pounced.

-

Namjoon shivered, sinking back into the hot water that Jisoo had provided for him. The Healer wolf was organizing her herbs, murmuring softly to Tae who was happily following her around, listening intently on her small lessons as Namjoon sloshed around in the bath of her den, the wall of curled ivy hiding him from view.

"Alright, pup," Jisoo chirped, "I have to go check on the Trial. You're a little too young to go and watch, as I think today's Trial won't be very peaceful." She looked down at Tae and ruffled his head, his ears flopping happily. "Could you watch Namjoon for me while I'm gone? I won't be long."

Tae nodded eagerly and hopped to all four paws. "I won't disappoint you!"

So when Jisoo vanished out the entrance, Tae scurried over to the wall of ivy and patiently waited outside, ears erect and gaze focused. He sneezed a couple of times, causing a bit of irritation to Namjoon who was hoping for some peace and quiet, but the human knew Tae was still young and rowdy.

"Luna!" Tae whisper-yelled, and Namjoon hummed quietly to respond. "Is your tum okay?!"

Namjoon let a smile rise on his coral lips and he nodded, seeing the outline of Jimin's pup through the ivy. "Yes, it is, darling. I just have a slight fever, that's all."

Tae got up and hopped around the den. "That's good! Did you know that I've been sneezing a lot less lately? Jisoo says I have asthma, so she keeps giving me this weird leaf medicine and says it's good for my lungs. So I'm feeling a lot better nowadays!"

"Are you now?" Namjoon murmured.

"Yep!" Tae rolled back and stretched out his paws. "And, I think I'm gonna be able to shift soon! Yesterday, I felt a really weird tingling feeling in my chest. My Mommy said that that means I'm close to being able to shift! And next week is full moon, so I'm super duper excited!"

Namjoon could laugh at the pup's enthusiasm and sat up, grabbing a dark purple bar of soap that smelled strongly of lavender and he rubbed it against his neck and chest. "I think your parents will be very proud to hear that, Tae."

Tae giggled. "I hope so too!"

-

i'm sick rn with stomach flu 😍