64

"The Confession will begin."

Seokjin smirked, rolling his eyes at the solemn expressions of the elders as he steadied his head on his hands, his eyes narrowed as a lopsided grin, still glued to his face cockily, appeared on his face with every word that left the elder's mouths.

"I don't have time for this," Seokjin snorted quietly, glancing at Jisoo who looked just as solemn as the elders, "what are you so pale for?"

Jisoo growled. "Shush, Seokjin! You're under Confession, you should only speak when you're asked of!"

"Look, there's a whole explanation to why I killed the bastard in the first place so why the hell—?"

"Alpha, please refrain from speaking while the Confession is beginning." An elder cut Seokjin off, and the werewolf's lip curled, his mouth shutting and jaw clenching.

It was another hour of this, of Seokjin angrily keeping quiet as the elders around him quietly discuss. His hands were clawing into his palms, his eyes beginning to take on that unsettling red glow. Jisoo grew restless besides him, and he felt Taehyung tense sitting next to Jimin. He sat back on his place on the throne and raised his eyebrows when the elders finally turned around to announce his punishment.

"Keesha's death remains a mystery," One elder said sourly, and Seokjin snorted, "but Mei's was blatantly obvious. Killing during Trial is unlawful, and we have agreed to give you the following punishment."

Seokjin's lip curled. "And what could that be?"

The elder didn't even break eye contact.

"To dethrone you."

The pack grew silent. The elders seemed confident in their answer, looking up at Seokjin as if challenging him to come down off the throne.

"Dethrone me?" Seokjin echoed with a dark laugh. "That's impossible. Dethroning an alpha can only happen if our ancestors will it so." He looked over at Jisoo. "Isn't that right?"

Jisoo nodded. "We will have to postpone this Confession till half moon so that I can go and discuss our alpha's true punishment—"

"—there won't be enough time!" Someone cut her off and Seokjin growled. "He must be renounced! Beheaded! Don't you see? He's a murderer!"

"I'm no murderer!" Seokjin snarled in response, his eyes darkening with every second. "You're all making it come true, a false reality! Don't you see through your petty little illusions?! Mei was at fault for many things, and if he were put under Confession he would have been sentenced to death." Seokjin grew wild. "Don't say another word that'll end up with my claws around someone's throat."

-

"What do you mean he's not coming?"

Namjoon pulled his sweater around himself tightly, eyes wide as he watched Jisoo pace around his apartment living room. "He promised he'd come home today." He pouted and Jisoo sighed.

"We have a situation back at the camp. It's best for you to stay here instead of coming back there, not everything's doing well."

Namjoon's eyes rounded. "I-is he okay?"

"He's fine. But we'll have to wait for everything to settle until half moon." Jisoo looked concerned. "Can you...make it by then?"

"Yeah. I can wait that long I guess..." Namjoon's lower lip jutted out stubbornly and he huffed, sitting back on the couch with his arms crossed. "I even ordered pizza for us because I was gonna watch some movies..."

Jisoo smiled and ruffled Namjoon's hair. "I'm sorry about that, Luna. Enjoy your time alone, think of it as a break from the whole werewolf world out beyond the city."

Namjoon looked away and sighed. "Yeah, okay...but is he allowed to make visits—?"

Namjoon turned around, gaze hopeful, but as he laid his eyes on the spot Jisoo was standing in, she was gone.

Three hours later, with tissues and an empty pizza box, a small huddled figure could be seen on the floor of a cozy bedroom, a laptop open as the figure hiccuped and sniffled.

Inside the bundles of blankets, Namjoon was sobbing quietly as he watched the incredibly sad movie playing in front of him, obnoxiously blowing his nose while stuffing some pizza into his mouth. He sniffled and wiped his eyes, wailing quietly while toppling over and kicking his legs out.

"This is dumb." Namjoon sat up, eyes puffy, hair a complete mess and cheeks red. "I'm gonna go out and go shop and spend some time with myself! I-I don't need him to watch over me." Namjoon got up and slipped on a hoodie. "Don't need a cuddle buddy." He grumbled, and slipped out the front door with Seokjin's wallet that he left behind, unbeknownst to the fact that the credit card was not Seokjin's, but rather the credit card of a hunter that Seokjin killed and pickpocketed to use all for himself.

-

yikes :/ now y'all know how seokjin got his sportscar n shit owo